ARC REVIEW: The Trouble with Love by Lauren Layne


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23256188-the-trouble-with-love


The Trouble with Love is the kind of book that makes me want to smile all along. Seriously I love when I start a book and I know it's gonna be good.

description


description

I'm new with books about second chances but I love them more and more. Even if this one was the 4th book in a series, you can read it as a stand-alone and you won't be lost. And you won't get to much information about the previous couple. That being said, you will want to read all the previous stories just like me ^^

description

Emma Sinclair and Alex Cassidy have a history together and not a happy one. Seven years ago, they were supposed to get married but it never happens for reasons you will have to discover when reading the book. Just know that nobody is really at fault. Both of them have valuable reasons and both of them ignore something the other knows. For several years now, they've been trying to avoid each other and it worked pretty great but being in the same circles of friend is not easy and when Alex became Emma's boss for three months, it's impossible to avoid each other anymore.

Just let me tell you one thing, be prepare for some sexual frustration here! Because for sure these two want each other but they try to fight it so much! Their interactions are fun to read. The story is told from both pov and it's a pleasure to be in their head. It's funny too because they seems to think the same way but they hid really well behind their facades.

I was a little surprised to see that the first one to make a real move or the first one to show a little interest was Alex. In general, man tries to keep their emotions hidden at all cost but here it wasn't the case. Alex was willing to take risks and chances even without him knowing it.

description

What Emma need is a little reassurance. She has been left at the altar and is hard to recover from such experience, especially when she has her ex around her most of the time and she feels there's still a connection.

description

Alex and Emma's friend are a great part of this book too. I enjoyed their time together. Because they are all playing matchmakers at some point. And the guys idea for Alex? Hilarious!

I've seen there's a book planned for the Oxford series (Alex is the executive chief of the Oxford Magazine) and I hope we will have Cole story first but then I want Lincoln too )

description

No comments