REVIEW:Second Debt

Second Debt (Indebted, #3)Second Debt by Pepper Winters

Rating: 5 stars






Second Debt is the third instalment in the Debt of Inheritance series.
This book can't be read as a stand-alone so if you haven't read the previous two books. it's best to stop reading this review and start the series with Debt Inheritance and First Debt

This books got me hooked from the first page until the last (and damn, that ending!! But we'll get back to it in time)

description

Do you remember where we left Nila and Jethro in book 2? No? Just a little reminder then ;)

Nila learned the thuth about Kite's identity.
Now, two days later, Nila still struggles with the revelation. She tries to understand why Jethro contacted her before they met.

"He would communicated with me almost as if it were a cry for help, rather than a plot to deceive"

She senses a connection between them but at the same time she's suspicious. She doesn't trust herself and she doesn't trust him enough.
Jethro is a little lost, he know what's expect of him yet he knows he is weaken by his feeling for Nila

"I craved her so intensely. I would break both of us before any more debts were paid"

description

He also hide a secret , something deep inside him which has to stay hidden. (view spoiler)

"It was best to hate everything and everyone. To hide my true desires even from myself"

description

Gradually with every pages and events happening in the book, both of them find it difficult to hide their feeling towards each other. Yet both of them have doubts.
Nila goes from a woman determined to leave, to escape his fate to a woman tortured by her desires.

"I couldn't hate someone who lived in the same cage as I did"

Jethro see his ice shell melt every time he is in the presence of the young woman.

Once again, I'm in awe by Pepper Winters ability to captivate me, to captivate her readers. I could have read the book in one sitting if the word "work" didn't exist.

I was completely taken by the story, the stakes, the truths and the various questions which take place throughout the book.

I found Nila has to stop tergiversate but at the same time, her prisonner state is hard to live.
In compensation, I loved the moments where both of them are quiet and at peace and we could almost believe that nothing stand between them.
You make me better even while making me worse

And now can we talk about the ending?

description

That is horrible! I have like a thousand questions in my mind. I want answers now!


Teasers from Pepper Winters FB page

description
description

description

description

No comments