ARC REVIEW: Captive, Mine by


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25026475-captive-mine


description


Lily thinks she is going on witness program when her father decides to testify against one of his drug business partner. But Lake, the guy who is supposed to watch for her decides to do otherwise. He decides to keep her for himself.

At first, it's not clear what's Lake's intentions are. Is he a good guy? A bad guy? What has he to do with all this? We know Lily's father hire him to protect her but then why kidnap her?

description

Little by little, we see that Lake is not only there to help Lily but also to satisfy himself. He takes the opportunity to have lily at his disposal... or so you think

description

Yes I know this is all confusing but believe me confusing is the state where you will be when reading this. Even if we have both pov, Lake doesn't really confide himself. He is focused on his job but still he doesn't see how everything will fall into place

description

I read this like I watch an episode of one of my favorite TV shows. And after each chapter I wanted to know more and wasn't ready to drop it.

description

Lake is also a dominant man and he tries to train Lily to submit to him; no question asked. Regrettably, Lily is not really a girl used to do as she is told. She will learn in a bad way not to defy Lake.

description

Sometimes the sex scenes were disturbing because Lily is reluctant to Lake and his touch but he sees right through her and she ended liking it even when he punished her.

"I'll never want you Lake. Never"
"If I reach down to feel that pussy of yours, I'm going to find it soaking wet, aren't I? What do you think that says? I think it terrifies you to know your body wants what it wants. No matter what the mind says".

The writing style is captivating (I know what a way to choose my word :P ), the story unfold slowly and you get to discover the details throughout the entire book.

I loved the fact BDSM is never mentioned however it's clearly what's happening between our MC.
Maybe I'm use to read dark book, but the sexual parts neer seems forced even the most painful one.

description

Talking about sex, there's a LOT of it and trust me when I say you'll take more shower in a day than you ever have! And cold one I mean.

description

The book is pretty short ( near 200 pages) and at 75% I was wondering how everything to will fall into place. The ending seems a little rushed, maybe I expected more time for Lily to figure all out, to accept what happened to her but at the same time I had the ending I wanted.

"Leave me, leave the memories. Let them lie. What you think you want isn't what you'd find. Let time swallow me up, erase me from your mind, free you from what cannot be."

No comments