BLOG TOUR + REVIEW : Slow Burn by K.Bromberg















https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21536209-slow-burn


One Night. That's all it was supposed to be.

Reeling from the sudden loss of her sister, Haddie Montgomery has sworn off relationships. All she wanted from Beckett Daniels was a sexy distraction to help her escape her pain for just a little while....There weren’t supposed to be any strings attached—so why can’t she shake the memory of that unforgettable night from her thoughts? Or the taste of his kiss from her lips?

No matter how hard Haddie tries to forget about him, Becks relentlessly tries to prove that she should start living for today. But she is determined to avoid romantic commitment, and she can always use her ex-boyfriend’s reappearance to help snuff out the slow burn within her that Becks has sparked....

Or will fate force her to realize that this kind of connection doesn’t come along very often and a chance at love is worth the risk?

 EXCERPT
He chuckles low and even, a sarcastic amusement woven through the sound that pisses me off. “What are you afraid of? Why is his offer so much more tempting than mine, huh? Oh, I know why,” he says, sarcasm dripping from his words.

“He’ll walk away without any questions. But I won’t will I, Haddie? I have plenty of questions. The first one being what exactly are you running from?”

My eyes flash up to meet his, and the look – the moment that passes between us – is too honest, too raw. I have to break it. I can’t let him see the truths that even I’m trying to hide from. How I feel and what I need to fix me – the answer being him – because I’m not going to allow it to happen.

I can feel it. I can know it. But he can’t.

My mind flashes back momentarily to the night of the wedding. Of how I asked him – gave him no other option really –to take me to bed. Did I know then that unzipping my dress for him and inviting him between my legs would lead to this? Me wanting so much more? Me standing in the middle of his apartment wanting to ask for more but unable to because of the fears that are holding me hostage?



 
Itunes 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR


New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author K. Bromberg is that reserved woman sitting in the corner who has you all fooled about the wild child inside of her—the one she lets out every time her fingertips touch the computer keyboard. K. lives in Southern California with her husband and three children.

When she needs a break from the daily chaos of her life, you can most likely find her on the treadmill or with Kindle in hand, devouring the pages of a good, saucy book. On a whim, K. Bromberg decided to try her hand at this writing thing.

Her debut novels, Driven, Fueled, and Crashed of The Driven Trilogy were well received and went on to become multi-platform bestsellers as well as landing on the New York Times and USA Today lists. Her other works include a short story, UnRaveled, and a companion piece to The Driven Trilogy titled Raced. She is currently working on three stand alone Driven novels, Slow Burn, Sweet Ache, and Hard Beat. She also plans to release a novel addressing the 10 year gap at the ending of Crashed in late fall 2015



GIVEAWAY
a Rafflecopter giveaway  
MY REVIEW


4 We are star ♥

description

That was an intense and exhausting read! But at the end I was smiling like a baby, first because Becks was EVERYTHING I thought he would be and second because the last two chapters + epilogue were PERFECT

description

It's been since Driven that I wanted Becks story and I wanted his HEA with Haddie. If you haven't read the Driven Trilogy, no worries, you can still start with Slow Burn and you won't be lost.
And if you've already read the Driven Trilogy, you have to read Haddie and Becks story, even though, for me, it wasn't what I expected, at the end I wore my heart on my sleeve and the ride was so worth it.

~ TIME IS PRECIOUS, WASTE IT WISELY~

It's always dangerous when you start reading a book and you have expectations. For this one I had a LOT I expected the book to be a certain way with both characters being a certain way too. I knew Becks was a charming guy, caring, kind, patient,... and I knew Haddie was a strong , independent woman with a lot of sass. But I didn't see coming the problems that can arise in a life. And I never imagine that something terrible could happen to Haddie and thus ruin my perfect little image I had in my mind.

Haddie's life has been shattered 6 months ago when she lost her sister Lexi. Both of them were really close and losing her was like loosing a part of herself.
After so long, Haddie is trying to act normal but she failed miserably. She is just the shadow of herself. She also try to lost herself in meaningless guy, just to feel a little, just to try to have some semblance of emotions.

description

Right from the start, Haddie's pain and struggle where very palpable and unbearable. K. Bromberg did a magnificent work with her writing. She describes every emotion, every state of mind, every feelings and it was painful to read. There are a lot of inner thought and personally it was a little too much. Sometimes Haddie kept repeating herself and it was so depressing. All I wanted was to slap her, so she could react and get her shit together!

description

On Rylee and Colton's wedding night, she crossed a limit with Becks, even if both are aware that it will change everything
1. Because Rylee is Haddie's best friend and because Becks is Colton's best friend.
2.Because of their own rules they never break
As I already said Becks was perfect. First he is a dirty talker and if you know me a little you already know they are my weakness.

description

Then from the beginning until the end, he was what I called a guy excellent for a married life. He is caring, always there to listen, he doesn't judge, he has a heart bigger that what you can imagine, he sticks to people he love, he is romantic, he is funny and I discovered a side I already knews he got under the surface but never really saw... a dominant side to drop your panties

~This orgasm is mine. You will not give it to anyone else, even your own hand. I want you strung so goddam tight, you beg to fuck you, beg me to own you ~

Slown Burn wasn't an easy and light read as I expected. I went from stunned to pissed but also from happy to extremely sad. My feels were all over the place and that's why I say I was exhausted at the end. K. Bromberg doesn't choose an easy path for both our MC and I must admit I cussed a little and I didn't always understand why she made Haddie suffer so much, why she made me suffer so much.

description

Haddie's sister died because of breast cancer and Haddie knows she might developping the same disease. She is so scared, she is so hesitant to take the test to appease her mind and she is using that "excuse" to push people away, she uses it to not open up to Becks.

~Does he have any clue how hard it is for me to hold back right now? How much I think about him? How I want to take the leap... But I can't. I can't until I know for sure. Until I knw I have tomorrow to offer him

While I understand her motive, for me, Haddie was taking the matter in a wrong way and most of the time she was unfair with Becks and herself. Yet once again Becks was there to remind her the essential.

description

description

Fav' scenesBonus:
1.Becks was amazing. I laughed so much with her.
2.Rylee and Colton's word. Best friend are the best person you need
3.Danny I hope K. Bromberg will consider writing something for him. He deserves his own HEA ♥

No comments