REVIEW: Manwhore by Katy Evans



   My rating: 5 of 5 stars
 4.5 Dibs stars ♥

description


"Well don't you want it? Don't you really want to find it? Because out there, half the people have it, the others are looking for it, others lost it, but it's there. You can't ignore what it is."

I'm thinking about Manwhore and all I can think about is

description
I know a lot think like me but ladies, I'm sure there's enough places for everyone, right?

I didn't expect to love this book so much, yet I did.
I knew this was the kind of book where my heart will beat fast because of 1) the title 2) the guy is a CEO and everything in suits makes me drop my panties 3) the cover

description

The story itself is simple and efficient. I knew what will happen from the start because let's face it, it was going to be a train wreck and it wasn't a surprise to see how the story evolves. BUT at the same time I couldn't stop myself to read, to see if what I predict was going to happen and it's kind of pleasant to see that the author manage to surprise me even with something as simple as a bachelor meets a girl and they obviously fall in love for each other.

A challenge is something you stop wanting once you acquire it. I can't know if you're a challenge yet until I make you mine

Rachel has the chance of her life when her boss asked her to write an exposé about the most successful bachelor in town, Malcom Saint.
The guy is known for his ways with woman but also for his success in business.

As a journalist, and to save her job, Rachel is ready to step up her game and because she can't afford to loose everything she has, she takes this opportunity without thinking.

Malcom Saint is everything you can imagine for, a man who is feared by many, someone who owns the room when he comes in. He is also extremely handsome,... but who is Malcom Saint for real?

description

I would have loved to be in Malcom's head. This book being solely from Rachel's pov, it was for some parts really hard not to know what happen in his head. For example, he chuckles a lot and he has a mischievous smile most of the time. Was it natural? Was it manipulative? Was is because of the situation? Was it just curiosity?
Katy please give us a piece of his mind in the second book

“You think I'm relentless?”
“I'm much worse than that”

With every meeting they have, Rachel gets more that she would have thought. While Malcom is a little distant at first, he surprised her when he indulge to get closer to her.
It was such a delight to see Malcom and Rachel together. Their conversation are funny, he tease her a lot and she is not indifferent to his charms.

description

Sometimes Rachel was too naive but I think her lake of experience and her lake of contact with men lead her to what she is now ( I don't mention her friend Gina who I wanted to throw across the room because she was pissing me off most of the time - thank god she comes back to her senses at the end)
I found Rachel full of charm, witty, clever even if I wasn't agree with her action and the way she was acting with Malcom.

And now the man himself... where do I start? To say I loved him is an understatement! I'm not sayin' he is perfect but what we have here is close to perfection. He made me swoon and he surprise me. I only have one complain, tiny but significant... we never see his supposed ruthless side, and his supposed assholes ways. I would guess everything we think we know is made up by the press because never I saw him acting inappropriately (and maybe I wanted to... just a tiny bit)

description

Rachel has to face a difficult choice. Malcom is clearly not what she expected, he is so much more. They have so much in common, still she can seem to let herself go. She knows what she is doing is wrong, she knows she has to tell him the truth, she knows it won't end well but at the same time Malcom made is pretty clear he doesn't trust in love, he doesn't see himself settle down. No promises are made because promises are meant to be broken

description

What's a girl to believe when you have something to treasure but you also have to protect something else as important as what is happening between two people who connect on so many level?

description

The ending is brutal, yes there's a huge cliffy. I see it coming but that don't stop me to have a million question suspended in my mind... until July

Nothing happens in the safe zone

description

No comments