BLOG TOUR + ARC REVIEW: Grind by Sawyer Bennett



Grind: A Legal Affairs Story

(Book #2 of Cal and Macy’s Story)

Release Date: April 21, 2015

Grind is the second book in this Legal Affairs trilogy (Cal and Macy’s Story) and is releasing on 4/21/15. Clash was released on 4/7/15 and Yield will be released on 5/5/15. Grind and Yield are full length novels, while Clash is a novella.   

descriptionGrind (verb): to weaken or destroy gradually

Macy Carrington is not the woman I once thought her to be. What she does not allow her heart to feel, she gives with her body. The sex between us is explosive and depraved. I’ve done things with her that would never have crossed my wildest imagination, and I can’t ever seem to get enough.
But now I want more from her. I want to figure out her dark secret, expose it and then help her to heal from it. I know, without a doubt, that Macy is capable of love, and I will grind her down until I make her accept the truth of it.

Grind (verb): to wear down, polish, or sharpen by friction

Cal Carson is not the man I once thought him to be. Strong, determined, sexy as hell and a beast in the bedroom. He is every woman’s fantasy. He is my fantasy.
But no matter how hard Cal tries to grind me down, my heart and secrets are mine and mine alone.



Purchase Grind: A Legal Affairs Story

Google Play 

MY REVIEW


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


description

I love this book way more than the first ^^ Don't get me wrong I enjoy Clash, it was a nice introduction to Cal and Macy story but with Grind we finally get down on business!!

description

This is going to be a special review because for once I haven't highlight a thing in the book so I have no quote to share. It's not because there were any good ones, on the contrary, the book was filled with good thought, dirty thought, perfect word and a very good perception on both character. But I read it in one sitting and I couldn't get my mind out of the journey of two very different people who seem to have found their match during their sexual encounters.

description

The book starts where Clash ended and Cal is willing to help Marcy with the law suit she is facing, even if she would have preferred to have sex with him.

Cal is not against that idea but he doesn't want to mix pleasure and business so what's better than to close the case quickly to go where they both want to be.... in bed!

description

Grind is very sensual, very steamy, Sawyer Bennett reminds me that she can write great sex scenes and the book was terribly erotic. Throughout Cal's mind, the author gives us enough details to make us drool and see that the connection between Cal and Marcy is extremely strong

description

Marcy is still secretive here but she begins to open up a little. We get her thoughts through her diary and little by little we see her walls crumbled. Yet, she is still protecting herself and she still hide a huge secret.

She puts limits to what she is feeling because she doesn't want to be overwhelmed. She doesn't know what love is or at least what it is like to be with someone other than sex. And she is scared of getting attached.

description

Cal knows he will eventually get hurt if his heart begins to be involved. He is not in love with Marcy but he begins to see that what he thought wasn't the truth. He discovers a vulnerable woman who doesn't need to be pushed too far but who maybe need him more than she knows.

Grind was really a beautiful surprise for me with more scene between both MC. Their connection and friendship is different from what I'm used to but I can already see how their bond will keep getting stronger. I can't wait to see how everything will fall into place.

About the Author

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, Sawyer Bennett is a snarky southern woman and reformed trial lawyer who decided to finally start putting on paper all of the stories that were floating in her head. Her husband works for a Fortune 100 company which lets him fly all over the world while she stays at home with their daughter and three big, furry dogs who hog the bed. Sawyer would like to report she doesn't have many weaknesses but can be bribed with a nominal amount of milk chocolate. Sawyer is the author of several contemporary romances including the popular Off Series, the Legal Affairs Series, the Last Call Series and the Cold Fury hockey series.  

Connect with Sawyer:

Sign up for Sawyer’s newsletter: http://sawyerbennett.com/signup/  

Giveaway

  Enter to win a $50 gift card (Amazon, B&N, or iBooks) 
 a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments