BLOG TOUR + ARC REVIEW: Say my name by J. Kenner


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22926761-say-my-name?ac=1

 MY REVIEW 




My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Say my name has officially brought me back together with J. Kenner! And I'm very happy about it

description

Say my name was kind of a last book chance for me. Her Stark Trilogy was one of the first books I've read in Belgium and I absolutely adore Damien and Nikki together. After that she published her Most Wanted series that I ended not liking at all.

With Say my name, I was a little anxious but I couldn't let it go. I had to see for myself if J.Kenner was still able to write something that keep me on edge, keep me wanting for more, keep me interested enough... and damn yes she did and brilliantly if I can add ^^

If you have followed my different update, you already know how much I fell in love with Jackson Steele and I can assure you, you won't stay indifferent. This guy is without a doubt book boyfriend material. If you read about Damien Stark, Jackson Steele will make you melt!

If you haven't read the Stark Trilogy, IMO I strongly recommend to read it first. You won't be lost but you will connect more with the universe in which Sylvia and Jackson evolved. And you will also have a wider view on the different interactions happening in the book.

"Write your own history, Sylvia. And when you do, make yourself the hero"

description

One day, Sylvia Brooks comes to see his boss, Damien Stark about a potential interesting buy of an island in the prospect to build a huge resort.
Damien put her in charge and from this moment, Sylvia see this as her baby. When an architect drops the project all of a sudden, Sylvie has one name to replace him: Jackson Steele.

But see, there's a slightly small problem, she made Jackson promise that not matter what happen they won't have any contact.
Yes Sylvia and Jackson have an history together. For a brief moment, 5 years ago, they were together and in a moment of panic, Sylvia asked him to let her go and never look back.
Now that she needs him more than anything, she has to find a way to approach him and to convince him to join the project.
She also knows that she is taking a huge risk. The reasons why she left are still there and if he accepts her proposition she will have to be with him and spend a lot of time with him. To be honest, she might not be ready for it.

From there, J.Kenner did a fantastic job to put all the different characters in place in the story. She gives us the necessary elements to get us interested and enough for us, readers, to already have questions in our mind.

Sylvia seems like a woman in control but when she only but think of Jackson all seems to slip away. We also quickly understand that something horrible occurred in her past and that it still affects her life tremendously. All her actions and thought are guided by those events. What happened with Jackson is also a result of it.

I had some trouble to connect with her. I didn't understand why she seems so attracted to Jackson and why she left without second though. But once again, J.Kenner leads us slowly to understand her better.

Before going any further, it's time for you to meet Jackson Steele


description

Are you hot? Do these make you a little turned on? Because it's certainly does it for me! And it's only a small quote where there are a lot of them in the book.

Mr Steele is a mysterious guy who never forgot the one girl that made his heart beat more than any other. When he sees Sylvia again, he is lead by revenge but at the same time he wants her bad.
Jackson was a contradiction itself. He was angry at her but h was also terribly attracted by her.
He wanted to hurt her a little but he also watches her like his own shadow.

description

Jackson is mostly hurt; he is also certainly lost and jealous. He spoke directly to my heart because he is everything I love from my favorite male character; he is a dirty talker, alpha male, demanding and he is also very protective, caring and a true gentlemen.

Once Sylvia let her guard down a little, he is more a gentlemen than ever

"Did I want your submission? Did I want you naked and willing beneath me? Hell yes. I still do. But that's not the whole of it. I want to make you feel. To make you laugh. I want to see that fire that burns in you. I want you to look at me the way you did five years ago. And Sylvia? I want you to stay"

description

In some ways, Say my name reminded me of Release me. They were similarities such as the relation between Sylvia and her best friend but truthfully that didn't bother me se much. I still enjoyed a lot of this new story J.Kenner offered us.

Both MC are endearing. Each comes from a place where they both hurt. With Say my name we barely scratch the surface of who is Jackson Steele

"I'm not the man you think I am"

 
descriptionNew York Times bestselling author J. Kenner kicks off a smoking hot, emotionally compelling new trilogy that returns to the world of her beloved Stark novels: Release Me, Claim Me, and Complete Me. Say My Name features Jackson Steele, a strong-willed man who goes after what he wants, and Sylvia Brooks, a disciplined woman who’s hard to get—and exactly who Jackson needs. I never let anyone get too close—but he’s the only man who’s ever made me feel alive. Meeting Jackson Steele was a shock to my senses. Confident and commanding, he could take charge of any room . . . or any woman. And Jackson wanted me. The mere sight of him took my breath away, and his touch made me break all my rules. Our bond was immediate, our passion untamed. I wanted to surrender completely to his kiss, but I couldn’t risk his knowing the truth about my past. Yet Jackson carried secrets too, and in our desire we found our escape, pushing our boundaries as far as they could go. Learning to trust is never easy. In my mind, I knew I should run. But in my heart, I never felt a fire this strong—and it could either save me or scorch me forever. Say My Name is intended for mature audiences.


You can read the first chapter of SAY MY NAME here!

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iTunes | Google Play

About J. Kenner

Julie Kenner (aka J. Kenner and J.K. Beck) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of over forty novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres. Praised by Publishers Weekly as an author with a “flair for dialogue and eccentric characterizations,” J.K. writes a range of stories including super sexy romances, paranormal romance, chick lit suspense and paranormal mommy lit. Her foray into the latter, Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner, is in development as a feature film with 1492 Pictures. Her most recent trilogy of erotic romances, The Stark Trilogy (as J. Kenner), reached as high as #2 on the New York Times list and is published in over twenty countries. J.K. lives in Central Texas, with her husband, two daughters, and several cats.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

No comments