BLOG TOUR + REVIEW: Deep by Kylie Scott


deep blog tou.jpg

 deep.jpg

Positive. With two little lines on a pregnancy test, everything in Lizzy Rollins' ordinary life is about to change forever. And all because of one big mistake in Vegas with Ben Nicholson, the irresistibly sexy bass player for Stage Dive. So what if Ben's the only man she's ever met who can make her feel completely safe, cherished, and out of control with desire at the same time? Lizzy knows the gorgeous rock star isn't looking for anything more permanent than a good time, no matter how much she wishes differently.
Ben knows Lizzy is off limits. Completely and utterly. She's his best friend's little sister now, and no matter how hot the chemistry is between them, no matter how sweet and sexy she is, he's not going to go there. But when Ben is forced to keep the one girl he's always had a weakness for out of trouble in Sin City, he quickly learns that what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay there. Now he and Lizzie are connected in the deepest way possible...but will it lead to a connection of the heart?


 deept teaser 9.jpg
EXCERPT
“Where have you been?” My sister rushed forward, catching me up in a tight hug. “I’ve been trying to call you all day. We checked everywhere and couldn’t find you.”
“Sorry. I just needed some alone time.” I squeezed her back, unable to stop from smiling. The thought of Anne turning her back on me had scared me more than I liked to admit.
“Well, I get you might want that.” She stepped back. “But you could have told someone.”
“You can’t just disappear like that.” And Ben kept right on frowning. “Shit, Liz, you’re pregnant.”
“Don’t upset her,” snapped Anne.
Ben ignored her. “I don’t know what the hell’s going on in your head. But you need to let me know where you are.”
My eyebrows went up and my mouth opened, ready to rip him a new one.
“She doesn’t answer to you. She’ll let you know if and when she decides to let you know,” said Mal, laying down the law to his bandmate before turning my way. “You will text your sister next time you decide to go wandering for a day, understood?”
My mouth, it still hung open.
“Christ, man.” Over and over, Ben’s hands rolled into tight fists before releasing again. “Can you cut the shit and get off my back for a fucking minute?”
“Don’t swear at him.” My usually sensible and staid sister poked a finger dead center in Ben’s broad chest. “You’re the one that caused this mess, thank you very much. She might still be a little young and naive, but you’re definitely old enough to know better.”
“That’s right.” Standing about as tall as a skyscraper, despite only coming up to Ben’s nose, Mal stared him down. Or up. Whatever. “This is a family matter. You can leave, thanks.”

deep it's live.jpg

iBooks

MY REVIEW


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Deep is the last part in the Stage Dive series. It's finally time for Ben story.
I didn't know what Kylie Scott has in store for him. He always seemed a little withdrawn to me. It's the only member who was a mystery from the start
What we know from the blurb and the previous books is that Lizzy Collins (Anne's sister) is unexpectedly pregnant after one night with bass player Ben Nicholson.

description

At first, she doesn't know how to announce it. She always had a huge crush on him but she also know that more is impossible.
Ben knows Lizzy can only be a friend to him. She is off-limits but she is also very tempting

I know you're not a stalker. You're dangerous than that

As I've read the other books, I knew something was happening between these two but if Deep is your first book, you won't be lost. Kylie Scott made a little recap with what happened and how it happened between both MC.

Ben had no chance to resist Lizzy. It's a little like "Follow me, I'll flee – Flee me I'll follow" between them. sorry for my English but in French there's a perfect proverb for their situation and as I didn't find the correct match in English I decide to translate it nearly word for word

-"You can't go caveman every time a guy speaks to me. Baby or no, you don't have the right, Ben.
- Then give me the right
- So you can get scared and bolt? No.
- Shit. Look, I can't get over you, Liz. That's the problem"

When Ben learns the truth, he was a little shaken but he wants to be a part of the baby's life. The problem is, he doesn't want to commit to Lizzy because he is not ready.
Lizzy also had a hard time. She accepts her pregnancy very well, she wants to stay strong, know she will have to face hard moments but she is ready to be there for her child. She has to reorganize her life but she has to stay focus on the baby. Her only incertitude is Ben. She wants him but she can't force him to be part of her life.

"Ben was a man living his dream. As if anyone could compete with that. Maybe he'd liked the idea of me. Reality was, however, there'd never been room for me in his life."

I enjoyed Deep but maybe not as much as the others. I liked the fact we have news from the other band members. Mal for example take a huge part ^^
I also liked we have an insight of the next spin-off book in the Dive Bar series. Vaughan seems an interesting rockstar with his man-whore ways and a his big heart ♥

description

As I said, Ben is a mystery and he will stay a mystery even after this book.
He loves music, he breathe music, live music and nothing else. He is not the relationship kind of guy and he doesn't need anything apart himself and music.
Ben is also clumsy throughout the entire book. He wants to do things right for Lizzy and the baby but he doesn't know how.
He's torn between what he wants, what he feels and his commitment to the band.

description

It was sometimes frustrating to see him so undecided and I was most of the time upset with his non-actions. At first I thought he was a little selfish but in fact, he has really no idea how to be around Lizzy! And nobody is there to help him.

I feel there are not enough background for him. I had a hard time to connect with him. He was sweet and when he comes to his senses, he is charming and cute but I lack of information on him.

description

Stage Dive Series Reading Order


Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1LQBlbE
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1EDFuqc
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1N35Jgb


ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kylie is a long time fan of erotic love stories and B-grade horror films. She demands a happy ending and if blood and carnage occur along the way then all the better. Based in Queensland, Australia with her two children and one delightful husband, she reads, writes and never dithers around on the internet.

Kylie is represented by Amy Tannenbaum at the Jane Rotrosen Agency, New York
STALK HER: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments