REVIEW: The Hook-up by Kristen Callihan

descriptionThe rules: no kissing on the mouth, no staying the night, no telling anyone, and above all… No falling in love.

Anna Jones just wants to finish college and figure out her life. Falling for star quarterback Drew Baylor is certainly not on her to do list. Confident and charming, he lives in the limelight and is way too gorgeous for his own good. If only she could ignore his heated stares and stop thinking about doing hot and dirty things with him. Easy right?

Too bad he’s committed to making her break every rule…

Football has been good to Drew. It’s given him recognition, two National Championships, and the Heisman. But what he really craves is sexy yet prickly Anna Jones. Her cutting humor and blatant disregard for his fame turns him on like nothing else. But there’s one problem: she's shut him down. Completely.
That is until a chance encounter leads to the hottest sex of their lives, along with the possibility of something great. Unfortunately, Anna wants it to remain a hook up. Now it’s up to Drew to tempt her with more: more sex, more satisfaction, more time with him. Until she’s truly hooked. It's a good thing Drew knows all about winning. All’s fair in love and football…Game on.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24852488-the-hook-up



MY REVIEW
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

This was truly a beautiful and lovely love-story. The Hook-up had my heart aches but also swells with joy. It made me in a state I couldn't even believe myself. I cried so much during certain scenes... And I usually don't.

They are so many beautiful reviews that give a true meaning to this love story I don't think I can do better, so I'll keep this short.

I'm happy I decide to read this because I discover once more a new author and I'm so thrilled to read more books from her. Her writing captures every emotion perfectly. Her words touch me right in my core. After the 30% I couldn't put the book down! I had to know what would happen, I had to know everything about Drew and his love for Anna.

Anna's insecurities are what all girls can face in high school but while they should have disappeared over the years, they are still there. And even if more times than I can count, I wanted to put some sense into her, at the end I can't hold against her all she felt. I think it was her way to deal with her own pain, her own questions.

" What the fuck is wrong with me? I care about him. He's my lover, but he's my friend too. The one I find myself turning to first foremost. Why can't I just give in? Why can't I let myself have him? "

Drew... I don't know where to start with him. I think I have HUGE crush. I think I say pretty often that male characters are perfect but with Drew that couldn't be more true.

He is in a place where parties bored him and where he wants to feel. And believe me, he will. What I like about him was his strength, his devotion to others. He is the centre of attention but he wants to be known for him and himself only not for what he represents.

I thought Drew's character was more developed than Anna maybe that's why I loved him so much. We have more background for him. His story is sad but when you see who he is, and what he has become, it's so admirable; you couldn't not fall in love with him.

" You have my heart, Anna. And every time I had to walk away from you, every time you walked away from me, it felt like it was being ripped out of my chest. It fucking hurt, Anna"

For me their love story is something new. While usually you have a guy meeting a girl and they fall in love. Here it was the opposite. They fall for each other quickly, just with one glance. I tell myself that it was more lust than love but there's a sincere connection between them.

Things escalate pretty quickly and it's very hot. Their hook up was supposed to be one time but they can't seem to keep their hands to each other. Feelings start to grow and as much as Anna wants to deny it, she is slowly letting him in.

description

description

Their rendezvous becomes more frequent, and more personal than it should. But when love decide to stick and grab your heart, who are you to try to stop it?

"You're my home... We'll be each other's home"

description

PS: I found the perfect song for this book. I'm listening to the lyrics right now and it fit the book perfectly ♥

♫ Everything I do – Bryan Adams -
 
Look into my eyes – you will see
What you mean to me.
Search your heart, search your soul
And when you find me there you'll search no more.

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for.
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for.
You know it's true:
Everything I do, I do it for you.

Look into your heart – you will find
There's nothin' there to hide.
Take me as I am, take my life.
I would give it all, I would sacrifice.

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
You know it's true:
Everything I do, I do it for you, oh, yeah.

There's no love like your love
And no other could give more love.
There's nowhere unless you're there
All the time, all the way, yeah.

Look into your heart, baby...

Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for.
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more.

Yeah, I would fight for you, I'd lie for you,
Walk the wire for you, yeah, I'd die for you.

You know it's true:
Everything I do, oh, I do it for you.

Everything I do, darling.
You will see it's true.
You will see it's true.
Yeah!
Search your heart and your soul
You can't tell it's not worth dying for
I'll be there
I'd walk the fire for you
I'd die for you
Oh, yeah.
I'm going all the time, all the way.


Other books in the serie
OUT MAY 5

No comments