Blog Tour + ARC Review: Shattered by you by Nashoda Rose




shattered by you tour.jpg

descriptionWhat started out as a deal quickly became a friendship that conquered monsters.

I killed, but I escaped hell.

Emotionless. Disconnected. Cold. A mannequin. It’s what I’d become in order to survive the years held in captivity. I was able to endure the abuse and devastating loss as long as I remained detached.

But he wouldn't let me. 

Crisis, the bass guitarist in my brother’s rock band, Tear Asunder. He’s cocky, rude, a total man-whore. But the rock star has far more beneath the surface of his inked skin, and he’s determined to make me laugh again.

He made me a "deal", but really, it was blackmail.

His terms were simple. Until his playful honesty became the building blocks to something unexpected. Something strong enough to pull me from the eye of the storm.

Because even though I escaped years of abuse, it didn’t mean I was free.




Warning: Shattered by You contains dark elements. If you are uncomfortable with harsh language and/or disturbing scenes, then this book might not be for you. Trigger warning for drug use. 

*Mature audiences only. Shattered by You is written as a standalone, however, it is recommended you read Book 1 and 2 in the Tear Asunder series. Words: 98,000 This is a Contemporary Romance.


shattered by you live.jpg

Crisis’ story is FINALLY here!
NOW AVAILABLE

Barnes & Noble :http://bit.ly/1GWOICU


MY REVIEW


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my ! Crisis was perfect ! Everything I wanted, everything I thought he would be and so much more.

description

I've wanted his story ever since I've started this series. Even if you get to know him a little more in Overwhelmed by you, I wanted him from the start. Only with his name, I already wanted to throw myself at him

description

If you've already read one of Nashoda Rose's books, you already know Crisis as the laid back guy, the manwhore, the cocky guy but if you haven't well this is maybe even better because you will get to meet and get to know more of all his perfection

"I like you. I care about you
“I won’t have sex with you, Crisis.
“Don’t want to fuck a girl so damaged she can’t breathe without hurting.”
“What I want is to help her learn to laugh again. And I want her trust.”

description

Haven's past is one of the darkest you could ever know.
Being abducted at the age of sixteen, being separated from her twin's brother, being abused and drugged for many years left Haven not in a safe place.
Even if her life seems to get back to normal, she is not who she was before but she needs to keep the demons at bay, she needs to stay strong, she needs for her brother not to worry about her

description

Haven was surprisingly a flawless character. Living the life she had, I would have expected her to be more broken but instead we have a strong character who only wants one thing, to be normal, to live her life like any other girl.

Her everyday life is not easy, she struggles but with her brother, Ream soon going on Tour, she doesn't want to let her weakness show

description

Ever since Haven has been rescued, Crisis kept an eye on her. And when one night he find her running under a thunderstorm, he has to step in and offer his help.
To keep the truth away from her brother, Haven makes some kind of a deal with Crisis. While being on Tour, she has to text him once a day.

description

Nashoda Rose is since her first book one of my fav' author. She has a way to create a special atmosphere in her story that embraces her characters differently in each of her books.
While the first two books in the Tear Asunder series have dark edges that you can be literally sensed, here in Shattered by you, it's more an halo that something you can feel.

The way Nashoda Rose approach Haven and what happened to her was for me particularly brilliant. And the way Haven and Crisis' relation evolved was absolutely fantastic.

“When you laugh . . .” “it’s like being handed a piece of you that no one else has ever seen.”

Crisis never stopped to amaze me through the book. He's known for his playboy status, for his laid-back and fun attitude but Haven brings his soft side. He is attentive, caring, patient. He never tries to push her beyond what she can tolerate

description

He was very protective. He knows that to capture her heart, he has to let come to him, not the other way around.

Something I adore with this author stories is how she doesn't follow a certain path. Her stories are always original and you can never know what will happen and how it will happen. It's kinda refreshing to start a book and know you are going to read something great and surprising.

I read Shattered by you in a record time because I was totally entrails in an emotional, yet sweet love story. And I hope you do too

“I’m not scared and I’m not worried. Vincent, you’ve already been inside me for months emotionally.” I placed my hands on his chest, his heartbeat steady and strong beneath my palm. “Now, I want you inside me physically.”
  shattered by you bt teaser.jpg


shattered by you bt teaser 3.jpg

Excerpt

I walked down the hall, pulled the elastic band on my boxers and glanced at my hard throbbing cock. “You’ll have to wait a little longer, buddy.”
“Are you really talking to your cock?”
I let go of the elastic and it snapped hard on my abdomen. Haven wasn’t making coffee; she was coming up the stairs with an armful of clothes. Fuck, she looked hot, long blonde hair messy as if she’d tossed and turned in her sleep, and she had sleepy eyes—adorable.
“Yeah. He’s angry this morning.” I stood right in the middle of the top of the stairs so if she wanted to get by, she’d need to brush up against me. It was childish, but fuck, I was a guy.
Her brows lifted. “Why is he angry?”
I smirked, loving that she was down for a little play. “Placed an ‘out of order’ sign on him.” Her brows drew together and her eyes flicked to my tented boxers.
“Doesn’t look out of order.”
I laughed and couldn’t help myself as I stroked the back of my hand down her cheek. It took her by surprise and she swayed backwards. I grabbed her arm before she toppled down the stairs and pulled her up onto the landing next to me.
A white piece of clothing slipped from the pile she was holding and fell at her feet. I smirked when I realized what it was, and took great pleasure in helping her out since there was no way she could bend over and get it without everything falling from her grasp.
I let her go and crouched, picking up the white lace panties. I held them out and her nose twitched like a rabbit sensing danger. “I like white. Prefer pink though, for future notice. And lace I love.”
She was trapped because if she snatched them from my hand, she’d drop the clothes and if she didn’t then . . . I curled them up in my palm.
“They aren’t mine,” she blurted.
God, she was cute. “Darlin’ I know they are and I love that you’re denying it. Means you care.”
Now that raised a little heat in her cheeks and I liked it. Shit, I liked it a lot because when I left a few months back, that would’ve never happened and now that was twice. She was affected by me—good to know. “I don’t care.”
I shrugged then turned to head back to my room to hide my newly acquired treasure. I had no doubt she’d search for them the second I left the house. I looked back over my shoulder and caught her eyes staring at my butt; could’ve been my back, but unlikely. Really, it didn’t matter which. I was just impressed she was eyeing me up.
“You can look, but don’t touch,” I said.
Her mouth dropped open then snapped shut. I disappeared around the corner, then heard her stomping down the hall. Haven wasn’t a stomper. She was graceful, elegant and controlled. Too controlled. And that part of her was coming down.



shattered by you teaser 2.jpg

Haven’t read this series yet?  
Grab Books 0.5 - Two in the
Tear Asunder Box Set




About the Author:

nashoda bio.jpg
Nashoda Rose is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Toronto with her assortment of pets. She writes contemporary romance with a splash of darkness, or maybe it’s a tidal wave.

When she isn't writing, she can be found sitting in a field reading with her dogs at her side while her horses graze nearby. She loves interacting with her readers and chatting about her addiction—books.



GIVEAWAY
Two Signed Paperbacks of Shattered by You

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments