Review: Her Master's Courtesan by Lily White

descriptionI am a Master.

You must know this fact to understand my story.
I capture women.
I break them down.
And I rebuild them.

If they are lucky, they are sold into the professional hands of another Master.
If they are less fortunate, they are buried beneath the ground, never to be thought of again.

I lust for the control,
I demand absolute submission and my body yearns to warp the minds of those I train.
Power is the only thing I’ll ever need and I am addicted to the feeling of ultimate control.
I am wealthy, good-looking, educated and charming.
And I am - in no way - a good man.

I do not want love.
I do not want kindness.

She thought she could change me by giving me the two things I knew I never wanted.
She was wrong.






MY REVIEW


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
✪✪✪✪✪

4.5 "What did I just read" stars

description

description

description

How to put in words the state I'm in? I feel fucked I mean my mind feels fucked. I'm in such a numb state; I don't know how I'm supposed to write a review. Even more I think I'm the only one who hasn't read this fucked up story!

I'm one to say I considered myself lucky I'm able to read dark books because it gives another perspective to books in general. But here we are talking about dark, sinister, gritty. Take a synonym for dark and it fits the book perfectly

description

Just to be cleared if you didn't read the many reviews already talking about this book: This is NOT a romance. This book is not about LOVE, this is not even about redeeming someone else soul. I don't know how to define it. It's pure evil but at the same time I couldn't put the book down!

I think it's due to Lily White's writing that I kept reading until the end. Or maybe because I thought something could change the way Aiden was.

“I don’t want love – I don’t make love – I fuck, I train, I sell, I move on. “

But it never was about changing Aiden. From the beginning you know EXACTLY what kind of books you are getting into. And seriously, if you think you see some kind of hope, push that thought away because they are NONE
.
“My satisfaction and pleasure are the only two things that will matter to you. Your life no longer exists, nor does it matter. “

To be honest, I think there's a true brilliance with this book. You know that what you are reading is not right. It's sickening, it's fucked up, it's disgusting but it's also captivating, fascinating and you keep reading. The book is told in dual pov and it's brilliant! You are both in Aiden and Rebecca's mind and it was the right thing to do.

“Your life belongs to the man who owns you. You will obey, and you will react with pleasure and thankfulness for the things your owner gives you “
“He didn’t ruin my life by taking me – he gave me freedom from the life I had before “

This is by far the DARKEST book I've read. At some point, I was even questioning myself if I should continue, not because I didn't like it but because I didn't know If I had in me to continue reading. And once again Lily White's magic happened. There are some scenes that are totally unacceptable, disturbing but they are some others which are more bearable and even enjoyable.

description

I had only one problem with Aiden and that's why I gave it 4.5 stars – Wait a minute am I really saying that I only got one problem with him? See FUCKED UP! - let me rephrase... hum... One of my problem with Aiden is (view spoiler)

I can't read the next right now because I have other commitments but I'll be ready for Antony's books for sure! Damn that guy doesn't seems as bad as Aiden and I can wait to see his Master skills

description


No comments