REVIEW : Knight by Kristen Ashley

descriptionAnya Gage has learned that to get anything good in life, you have to work for it. She has no expectations, no dreams.

Then she finds herself at a party where she doesn’t want to be and she meets Knight.

Knight Sebring knows who he is, what he wants and what he likes. And he gets it. But he never expected something as sweet as Anya Gage to wander into his bedroom during a party he did not expect to be having to borrow his phone.

Knight tries to leave Anya to the life she deserves of white picket fences and a man who watches football on Sundays – good, normal and clean. But when Anya comes to his nightclub and finds herself in a situation, he knows someone has to look after her, he can’t fight it anymore and he decides that man will be him.

Knight teaches Anya that, just as with the bad, in life you should also expect the good. And he teaches her this by giving it to her.

But Knight has a dark past and just as he desires Anya for exactly who she is, he fears when she finds out exactly the man he has become and always intends to be, she’ll leave him for good, normal and clean.



MY REVIEW
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

It's been a long time since I wanted to read one of Kristen Ashley book. This week end was finally the time to meet one of her hot alpha male and I decided to go for Knight.

I love a hot alpha dominant male and with him I got my catch! What attracted me to him was his anti-hero side.

I know a lot of you have already read this book so I won't probably go into the details but for someone who has never read a KA book or if you are undecided about Knight, you have to know that the guy is certainly the most alpha male I've EVER read about!

I will summarize this with one quote:

« It’s time you learn something about me, Anya. I don’t live in your world. I live in another world. It’s my world. I took it over. I rebuilt it. I own it. I control it. I have a code. Anyone in my world lives by my code....You do not fuck with what’s mine. »

If you are not ready to accept that you won't probably like him.

At first Knight made me laugh so much. His caveman and macho ways were so funny for me. When he says something, you have to listen but I'm such a bad girl I would have been more a pain in his ass.

When he decides to have Anya, it's not to let her walk away easily.

« Babe, come here.”Was he high?“No, I’m leaving,” I fired back.“You don’t wanna walk away from me.”My brows shot up. “I don’t?”“No.”“Wrong,” I retorted. “I do. Sorry,” I went on then finished, “Good-bye Knight.”Then, as I heard movers coming back, I turned to round the wall of the kitchen.I got one step in. Then I was not only in the kitchen but across it, my back pressed to the counter and Knight pressed into me. »

But there's so much more to him being all dominant. Knight is also sweet and very caring. This side of him made me swoon. Knight gives the world to his woman and you only want to give him the world.

I had more problems with Anya. She is twenty seven but I would have given her barely twenty. She was kind of silly sometimes. I get she had a difficult life but her reactions were a little too immature for her age.

Them as a couple was a perfect match! They connect the moment their met. Knight tries to stay away but it's impossible to resist when Anya put herself in a difficult position.

Their strength together is probably trust. Knight is very open to explain everything to her. All she has to do is ask a question and he will answer honestly. For me in this kind of relationship, where you have a guy who is so much into control, it's important to have honesty and trust. As both are a big part of this book, I could only be happy to see their feelings grow and become love.

« You stick by me, you, and only you, will learn why I am how I am. No one knows. No one. But you, Anya, you stick with me, I’ll share. And right now, bonus. I’ll tell you what you already know but you don’t understand. I like control and I have a temper. I see the world a certain way. I want my world a certain way. And I set about getting it. If I don’t, if I can’t control that, harness it, things can get ugly. So I do. When I do, say when I’m punishing you, I never lose control because what I’m doing is a release. And the only time I’ll lose control is when I’m finally inside you and you’ll like that, I promise you. »

description

Now Kristen Ashley's writing was absolutely delicious! What I liked the most was how she gives every detail, every word an importance. Sometimes books lack words to describe the way you feel when you enter a room, when you are in a particular situation. But with KA, it's certainly not the case! It's like you are in the book and in the hero or heroine's head, you see with their eyes.
In the same aspect, the sex scenes smoking hot! Once again, as a couple Knight and Anya are perfect! They respond to each other in an incredible way. The attraction, the combination of want and need is so powerful; you will only want to devour this book!

When I closed the book, I only wanted to jump in another marvellous book from KA. I know I said in my updates than the next one would probably be The Mystery Man or The Gamble but after I read Creed's blurb, I think I'm going to change my mind a continue with the Unfinished Heroes series ♥


Knight: 4.5 stars
Anya: 3 stars
Writing: 4 stars
Hotness: 5 stars



description

No comments