ARC Review: Tyed by L.J Shen

descriptionRock bottom has built way more champions than privilege has.

Blaire, an underachieving college student with zero prospects and a ton of issues (hey, being the less-successful twin of a gorgeous supermodel would totally do that to you) needs something from Ty.

Mixed Martial artist Ty, a soon-to-be Welterweight champion of the Xtreme Warrior League and the hottest guy in the Bay Area, wants something from Blaire.

But Ty has a secret.
And Blaire can barely even handle his truths.

Life is about to throw a few knockout punches at both of them.
Can they handle the pain?

 Tyed is a standalone novel.





BUY LINKS

Amazon US / UK / FR
MY REVIEW


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

description

Tyed is the debut novel of L.J Shen. When she contacted me to review her book I was a little anxious because I had two other bad experiences with authors and I nearly refused but who can really resist a MMA fighter?

description

Blaire is about the graduate from college and doesn't really know what to do next. She doesn't have the support from her parents; her twin sister is a model and travels a lot so she has only her best friend, Shane to rely on.
When she has to write a paper about MMA, she is in big trouble because she doesn't even know what it is.

From the start, Blaire was a character I loved. Nothing seems to faze her; she takes life as it is. She has some very fun inner dialogue. She has a smart mouth and she hides a little insecurity that I found cute ( and I'm not even speaking about her love for Charlie Hunnam – the girl made me want to watch SOA for the first time :p

When she meets Ty, she is hooked! The guy is all male, all muscles with a lot of confidence – dare I say a little full of himself?

“You’re right to be scared. I would never hit you, Barbie, but I’ll hurt you, alright.”

Blaire knows that as a MMA fighter, she is in big trouble with him. She needs an interview and Ty wants a date

description

The first half of the book was extremely good. I knew I had a winner right away.
L.J Shen knows how to interest her readers and gives us two enthralling characters and some friendly secondary characters.

Blaire is funny. She is conflicted between what Brain says, what Hormones wants and when Heart is involved, all bets seems off.

Ty was my kind of guy; all secretive, yet very charming and attractive. He's scary but he's like a big Teddy Bear near Blaire.


“What are you doing to me, Blaire?”“I’m not sure, but you did it first to me.”


description

What bothers me a lot and why my rating is a little low is because after 60% the story took a turn I didn't like. Blaire was mostly annoying and childish. I disconnect with her thoughts and her way of acting.
I also wanted more time between her and Ty.

Tyed is overall a nice and very good first book. L.J Shen 's writing is very encouraging for the future.

I have one new author to follow for what comes next

"I don't want someone like me. I want someone who will drag me out of my comfort zone and introduce me to new things. Different things."
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I'm addicted to books, coffee, kickass music, UFC fight nights, chocolate, summer and the scent of my husband's pillow. 

I live in NorCal with my small family and chubby cat and believe in karma, world peace and that Charlie Hunnam was created to make my eyes happy.

I'm always happy to talk to new people. Feel free to talk to me on my Facebook page

Stalk her: Facebook / Twitter / 

No comments