Blog Tour + Arc Review: Sugar Baby Beautiful by J.J.McAoy

SugarBabyBeautifulTour

Sugar Baby Beautiful by J.J. McAvoy 
 Publication Date: 21 August 2015 
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
 
Tour: Sugar Baby Beautiful by J.J. McAvoy


When twenty-four-year-old Felicity Harper is dragged to a sugar party, an event where wealthy men and women seek “companionship,” she never expects this one simple decision to drastically change her whole life. Her past is nothing but broken dreams and heartache. Her present is detached and dull. And her future? Well, before meeting Theodore Darcy, the famed film director, writer, producer and CEO of Darcy Entertainment, she would have expected more of the same. Love is just a fantasy and she wants no part of it—even if she can’t deny the undeniable attraction between the two of them. So their arrangement is simple: sex with no strings attracted. But as their intimacy becomes more powerful, so do Felicity’s demons. Can Theo really shoulder her past and his own? And could Felicity even let him?
Add to Goodreads

BUY LINKS

AmazonB&N

MY REVIEW


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don't really know how to start my review of Sugar Baby Beautiful. Not because I have nothing to say. Not at all. It's probably the opposite. I could review this book from so many angles and I'm not even sure I would say it all.

If at some point you find yourself lost in my views, please excuse me because that probably means I'm still processing what I've read.
Sugar Baby Beautiful is a story I will keep with me for a long time simply because there are so many layers to this story, it's mind blowing.

description

When reading the blurb you think you know what kind of story it will be. A girl meeting unexpectedly a rich man in a party they both weren't supposed to be can only lead to have sex with no string attached.
But you couldn't be more wrong

description

Throughout my read, several times I thought I had everything figured it out. Yet I wasn't even close from the truth.

I've decided to stay vague about the whole plot because I think it could ruin the experience.
I know it can sound a little cliché and déjà-vu but some stories are really better when you know nothing or when you've read a few reviews.
Sugar Baby Beautiful is one.

“Everyone wants something from someone, especially someone like me.”

I've know J.J McAvoy's books ever since her Ruthless People series and she always had my support. With this book she literally outdid herself. It has come to my understanding that this one has a special meaning for her and I guess when writing she poured her heart in it and it shows.

Felicity and Theo's story is her best work to date for sure

It saves to say that I fell in love with both characters. I was almost fangirling at Felicity and I never to that when it comes to a female character. EVER.

description

Felicity is a strong and sassy woman. I had an immense pleasure to see both characters challenge themselves in a funny way ALL THE TIME.
There's not an ounce of malice on her mind. She is loyal to herself and her believes.

She is very mysterious, she seems unapproachable but in reality she is protecting the people around her.
And she is protecting Theo even more once she realize there could be more with him

“Why is it supposed to be just sex?” “Because I’m not a good person,” I replied. “I’m going to hurt you.”

Theo is an alpha man with a tender heart. His family wouldn't agree with this statement but you'll see.
He has a bigger heart than any other man I've read. And that means a lot coming from me.

“When I said you’re mine, I meant it. Remember? I say what I mean. I chose scars and all. If it were me, if I were the one who had to be here, would you walk away?”

At the beginning I compared Felicity to Alayna from the Fixed trilogy because of one aspect she reminded me of.
And the fact that this idea crossed my mind and the fact I even thought about Hudson Pierce for Theo it's an even bigger deal for me.


J.J. McAvoy succeed to write a book that fully blown my mind in so many ways. I was stunned speechless to see where she wanted to lead me.
Felicity is so much more than a girl with 3 different jobs. She has many talents, she has beauty, she has strength to follow her own path and never looking back.

Meeting Theo is for sure the best thing that happened to her, not because he has money or because he can satisfy her every wish. Nope. It's because he can show her the right way.
He will push her boundaries.
She will be scared.
But when you are not alone, you are stronger.

description

And when they both realize their connection is beyond the sex part that leads them to the real deal.

I haven't talked about the actual off the chart sex. And If I didn't my review wouldn't be complete. To me, this part is certainly less important but that's how Felicity and Theo decided to begin their relation.

They are a lot of sexy moments. The sex is rough, demanding and even crude.

“We’re in a give-and-take relationship, Felicity.” He pulled me off the table. “So give. On your knees.”

At some point in the story Theo show two files a red and a blue one.
It reminds me of a scene in Matrix.

description

So what will you choose? Red or Blue? Read or Not? My advice? Take a chance

description

About J.J. mcavoy


65497_1541399449440285_8932564999068005789_n

J. J. McAvoy first started working on Ruthless People during a Morality and Ethics lecture her freshman year of college. X number of years later, she is an insomniac who has changed her major three times, and is a master in the art of procrastination. If you ask her why she began writing, she will simply tell you “They wanted to get their story out.” She is currently working on her next novel . . . so please bug her on Twitter @JJMcAvoy 

No comments