Release Day + Arc review : Unblocked collection by Marni Mann

descriptionBestselling author, Marni Mann, brings readers, the Unblocked Collection. These steamy novellas take you on an erotic journey with Derek Block and Frankie Jordan as they navigate secrets, professional boundaries, and a connection they cannot seem to avoid.

EPISODE ONE One taste was all it took... Derek Block seeks revenge. Frankie Jordan seeks professional dominance. He wants her, she wants him. Lines that can't cross begin to blur.

EPISODE TWO Derek Block demands more. Frankie Jordan wants to run. Pleasure complicates business. But some passion is just too hard to resist. Things are getting hotter as real estate gets real…

EPISODE THREE Derek Block confronts his past. Frankie Jordan's past pursues her. Secrets threaten to keep them apart. They want to let go of each other, but can’t. Their passion is too hot to resist. Things are scorching as real estate gets real…

EPISODE FOUR Derek Block is ready to fight. Frankie Jordan must make a decision. Their pasts are demanding attention. Confessing the truth may not be enough. But can their intense passion sustain them?

EPISODE FIVE Derek Block needs to protect those he cares about. Frankie Jordan fears the loss of those she loves. Darkness drives them. But could it drive them apart? This is Episode Five, the final Episode in the Timber Towers Series.





PURCHASE LINKS

Barnes&Noble

MY REVIEW
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

I've starting reading Unblocked out of the blue because someone contacted me and several months later, I'm still so happy she did because I would have let an amazing story pass me by!

Derek Block is a man you're going to love. At first he can seem a little harsh but once you get to know him, you can only melt.
He is a man who goes after what he wants. Even if at first his prior motive is revenge, his meeting with Frankie will change the course of his life.

description

One trait that captures me right away was his dirty talks. If you like dirty talkers like I'm, let me tell you Derek is probably the master at dirty talking!

Just a few examples to show you:
"I needed to own every fucking inch of her skin, to work her body until she begged for mercy, until she couldn't take another orgasm from my tongue, or my fingers, or my cock "

description


“Look at me, I want you to kiss me, and when my tongue enters your mouth, I want to feel your cunt contract over my cock.”

Frankie is a strong woman and I love her immediately. She is without a doubt a great part of why I loved this serial so much.
She knows who she is, she knows what she wants but she has a fragile heart. And when she realizes she is falling fast for Derek, she is not sure how to react. After all, their relation is based on a professional ground and she is not sure if she wants to mix pleasure with work.

Their love story is the center of this book but there's so much more. While both of them try to develop a relationship, there's still Derek's first motive that keep them apart.

Derek has to trust Frankie and it's not easy when you had your fair share of disappointment in his life.

Frankie has some secrets on her own and a decision to make: Work or pleasure?

With each part of the collection, you will see the connection between Frankie and Derek become stronger, become more than lust. Don't get me wrong, the whole collection is erotic as hell! It's an explosion of feels, wants and need on both parts.

But I can't only reduce the Unblocked Collection to an erotic tale because Marni Mann shows more than that. She shows that she can handle several subjects at the same time with different instalments in a book and still be coherent.
She shows that she can mix lust, love, feelings, suspense, revelation and still keep you at the edge until the very end.

I think my fav' part is the 4th because both of them are nearly bare to each other and their true feelings are exposed. And what's better in romance than the feeling of falling in love?

description

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read all my different reviews here
#1 : https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
#2: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
#3: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
#4: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
#5: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...


 TEASERS




ABOUT THE AUTHOR  

Best-selling Author Marni Mann knew she was going to be a writer since middle school. While other girls her age were daydreaming about teenage pop stars, Mann was fantasizing about penning her first novel. She crafts sexy, titillating stories that weave together her love of darkness, mystery, passion, and human emotion. A New Englander at heart, she now lives in Sarasota, Florida with her husband and their two dogs who subsequently have been characters in her books. When she’s not nose deep in her laptop working on her next novel, she’s scouring for chocolate, sipping wine, traveling to new locations, and devouring fabulous books

Stalk her: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram 

No comments