Release Day Blitz + ARC Review: Worth it by Linda Kage


descriptionI fell in love once.
It was amazing.
She was amazing.
Life was amazing.
I lived for each time I could see her, and nothing else mattered, not that our families were enemies, our time together was forbidden, or we had to meet in secret.

Our love could conquer all.
Until it didn't.

So I was ripped away from the love of my life and shoved into hell, forced to continue without her. It shattered me, broke the best parts of me, left me permanently damaged.

Or so I thought.

 Years later, I swear history’s trying to repeat itself because she’s back in my life, and I’m just as drawn to her as I was before.
But I'm older and wiser now, and I know she should stay away from a worthless piece of ex-con like me.
So, I will not let her in.
I absolutely refuse to hurt her.
I will keep her away.
Then again, sometimes risking your greatest fear to get to a smile makes everything worth it, and besides, I’m not sure I can resist her, anyway.

This is the story of how Felicity Bainbridge changed my life forever, starting one summer day long ago after I was forced to change a dirty diaper... --Knox Parker






PURCHASE LINKS

MY REVIEW
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

What a ride !! Those last 20% sucked me in completely. I just let a breath I didn't know I was holding. And I won't even start to think about that epilogue because shit it was a huge teaser for Ashers's book ! I don't like to wait

description

But Back to "Worth it"

description
“I think the worth of a person comes more from who you are and less from what you are.”

The story of Felicity and Knox was poignant, heart-breaking and beautiful, all at the same time.
Worth it is told in dual pov between now and then and to me it was perfectly executed.

Usually they can either have too much information about the past or not enough of what is happening in the now.
But to get what kind of love both characters shares, you have to get back to the beginning.

Felicity and Knox's family are some kind of enemies and things get worse when Knox's dad came to claim that one of Felicity's brothers knocked up his daughter/
Being rich and feeling almighty, Felicity's father only spilled his hatred for Knox's family and all members of both families were never in good terms.

One day, Felicity and Knox bounded and this bound never stopped to grow

description
description


“Do you ever think about kissing me?” “Wha...what?”“Because I do. All the time. Right before I go to sleep each night, first thing when I wake up in the morning, whenever I’m coming out here to meet you, whenever I’m with you.”


I can't decide which part of the book I prefer.... the past or the present.
They are both equally great.
The « then » part was like falling in love for the first time. It wasn't rushed. It was just beautiful without being cheesy.
Being able to be a small part of their happiness was cute. Both of them know the walls that are separating them and they are enough mature to let the silly battle the adults have far away from them.


“Even if we were temporarily separated, I’d always be with you.”“And I’d always find my way back to this.”


The « now » part was a struggle through and through.
Knox is out of jail with nowhere to go and no one to see. He doesn't know where Felicity is and he is not even sure he wants to see her. He isn't sure to stay away like he knows he should.
After spending 6 years in prison, Knox isn't the same mentally but also physically.
The last few years were rough on him and he has an anger he can't seem to contain

description

His saving grace would be to do the right thing at the right time.
After meeting some old acquaintance that you may know if you've read (Pick's book), he's soon hired as a bartender for Forbidden.

As you may know « Worth it » is the 6th book in the forbidden series : So the million dollars question is : Can I read it as a stand-alone ?
I would say yes because I did. I read the first book () and recently I've picked Ten's book () and I wasn't lost.
Of course, there are a lot of appearances of the other couples but I didn't seem to be lost in what was happening.
I was happy I read Ten's book because the man is so damn perfect you have to read his book no matter what but like I said you can pick Worth it first chance you got.

description

Knox is a broken male character that I wanted to hug all the times
His life harsh and yet he is so humble. He doesn't blame anyone about what happened. He wants the best for Felicity and he wants her happiness more than ever

Felicity was a loving character. Even at 16 I found her adorable. Linda Kage portrayed a true teenage girl with her naivety and her hope.
At 22, she is a grown woman, sure of herself but a little lost.
There's one thing she knows and feels, it's Knox and the love she still has for him.

“No one ever kissed me like you did. No one ever touched me like you did"

I only wanted more of them at the end. I felt it kind of rushed and I'm in need of novella.

With Worth it, I'm definitely addicted to the Forbidden men and I hope to find the time to read the previous books.

"Love doesn’t understand time. It doesn’t care if people change. It just grows where it grows.”

TEASERS






GIVEAWAY

a Rafflecopter giveaway
ABOUT THE AUTHOR


Linda is a contemporary romance author from the midwestern USA, where she lives with her wonderful husband, daughter, and nine cuckoo clocks. The eighth and final child of dairy farmers, she was forced into having a vivid imagination if she ever wanted to do something one of her siblings hadn't already tried. Feel free to visit her at her websitewww.LindaKage.com

Author links:

2 comments

  1. I'm so excited!!! It sounds really really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! It's definitely a must read ^^

      Delete