Review: The Paper Swan by Leylah Attar


descriptionThey say it takes 21 days to form a habit. They lie. For 21 days she held on. But on Day 22, she would have given anything for the sweet slumber of death. Because on Day 22, she realizes that her only way out means certain death for one of the two men she loves. A haunting tale of passion, loss, and redemption, The Paper Swan is a darkly intense yet heartwarming love story, textured with grit, intrigue, and suspense. Please note: This is NOT a love triangle. A full-length, standalone novel, intended for mature audiences due to violence, sex and language. Subject matter may be disturbing for some readers.

BUY LINKS




MY REVIEW

I'm stunned and a little speechless. This story is a true beautiful love story. I'm so glad I decided to read it now. It was perfect for my mood. So I want to thank first Katy for reminding me that it was on my TBR and everyone seems to read it and then I also want to thank Allison because without you I probably wouldn't have checked this book.



In my quest of reading new author and books a little different than what I'm used to, The Paper Swan was definitely perfect for me.

Leylah Attar's words brought me to a place where feelings have a meaning. She took me away in her story from the first chapter and I couldn't let the book down. Her words have the power to stir emotions within you.

description

Even if you are not a reader of dark book, you should read this one because even if it doesn't start right, everything has a meaning, a purpose and a reason. Without wanting to give much away, you should know from the start that even if The Paper Swan has some gritty edge it's mainly a story of love.

« Everything I believed, everything I thought was real had been turned upside down »

During my reading, I got scared. I was even terrified at first. I couldn't see how it was possible to have some kind of love from the situation the characters were in but the way Leylah Attar reveals everything was absolutely sublime.

« We are sand that hasn't been washed away yet »

Prepare a box of tissues next to you because if you are like me, you are going to ugly cry! I'm always sayin' it needs a lot to make me really cry with real tears but not with this book. Once again, the words, their meaning are so powerful, I was wrapped in my own bubble and the tears were falling easily

description

I know I don't really talk about what is happening, what you should expect,... But I guess you have to read to figure it out this is one of those books were one piece of information can give you everything away.
I'm looking at the quotes I highlighted and I'm trying to choose some to put in my review but I also try to choose them wisely so it will give the desire to pick this story without giving too much away. Maybe if I could summarize this love story I will use this one

" We are sand and rock and water and sky, anchors on ships and sails in the wind. We are a journey to a destination that shifts every time we dream or fall or leap or weep. We are stars with flaws that still sparkle and shine"

In a few words, don't wait to pick this book, I didn't think it was time for me to read it because I wasn't in the mood for dark but truthfully it's not about that.

" You will always be my forever"

description


No comments