Review : The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan

descriptionGray doesn’t make friends with women. He has sex with them. Until Ivy. 
The last thing star tight-end Gray Grayson wants to do is drive his agent’s daughter’s bubblegum pink car. But he needs the wheels and she’s studying abroad. Something he explains when she sends him an irate text to let him know exactly how much pain she’ll put him in if he crashes her beloved ride. Before he knows it, Ivy Mackenzie has become his best texting bud. But then Ivy comes home and everything goes haywire. Because the only thing Gray can think of is being with Ivy.

Ivy doesn’t have sex with friends. Especially not with a certain football player. No matter how hot he makes her…
 Gray drives Ivy crazy. He’s irreverent, sex on a stick, and completely off limits. Because, Ivy has one golden rule: never get involved with one of her father’s clients. A rule that’s proving harder to keep now that Gray is doing his best to seduce her. Her best friend is fast becoming the most irresistible guy she’s ever met.

Which means Gray is going to have to use all his skills to get himself out of the friend zone and into Ivy’s heart. Game on






My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

The Friend Zone was probably one of the best "friends to lovers" book I've read.
Ivy and Gray's relation evolves at the perfect pace. I've loved this one so much more than The Hook-up. Not everything is perfect but in general I've really enjoyed the whole book through and through.

description

I can't tell how much cuteness there is in this story. I don't know which part I loved the most : When they are friends or when they are together.

description

I already knew Gray from the Hook-up but this can't perfectly work as a stand-alone. I was eager to meet him because Gray is a total manwhore. He didn't understand why his friend, Drew fall for a girl. So I was most certainly ready to see it happen to him.

« You are the happiness I never realized I needed. »

First Ivy and Gray's friendship grows over text messages. When it's time for them to meet, it's unexpected and terrifying at the same time.
Gray never considers falling in love with a girl. He only lives in the present and doesn't care for the future.
Ivy is only back in the US for a few months. And she doesn't see her life being around a football player even though her father is an agent. This life is not hers.

Quickly feelings grow, first friendship then something more.
To them, their relation as friends is too important. It's like a need they both feel.
It was funny to see that both of them wanted the same, yet they were both trying to deny it too and protect the other.

A big part of the book success for me is how everything falls into place. To me, Kristen Callihan has broken the normal code : girl meets boy, become friends, fall for each other and voilà...In The Friend Zone, she goes further than this.
Gray realizes that he needs Ivy by his side. Their love comes naturally, beautifully and with so much sweetness

« The one person I want to be with most in the world. And I adore her. I’m so gone on her, I don’t know my left from my right anymore. She’s my center line. All thoughts run through Ivy Mackenzie. »

description

Their love is fantastic. I loved how they both are so sincere and strong. There are no dramas in their love. When they decide to let it go, they go all in!
Of course, there are fears, past and other actions that threaten them but their love is never at stake.

« I want to tell her better things. That she’s everything to me. The best part of me. That I’ll take care of her, protect her—from what I don’t know. But I will. I’ll keep her safe and happy. Because it’s my job. The most important job I’ll ever have. »

description

One last thing I liked was how certain subject were approached. It was done with such maturity I had to check twice if both of them were only 22.
Ivy and Gray's different reactions to different events were so open and so mature. That got me definitely hooked!

I think the next book will be about Dex but I hope the author will give Rolondo his book too.


BUY LINKS





About the Author



Kristen Callihan is an author because there is nothing else she’d rather do. She is a three-time RITA nominee, and winner of two RT Reviewer’s Choice awards. Her novels have garnered starred reviews from Publisher’s Weekly and the Library Journal, as well as being awarded top picks by many reviewers. Her debut book FIRELIGHT received RT Magazine’s Seal of Excellence, was named a best book of the year by Library Journal, best book of Spring 2012 by Publisher’s Weekly, and was named the best romance book of 2012 by ALA RUSA. When she is not writing, she is reading.


Other books in the series














No comments