REVIEW: Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras

descriptionHe was my older brother's best friend. He was never supposed to be mine. I thought we would get it out of our system and move on.

One of us did.
One of us left.

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me. He broke my heart last time.

This time he'll obliterate it.

This is a standalone.



BUYS LINKS



MY REVIEW
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 star ♥

description

“Do you think it’s possible to have different kinds of love?”

Have you ever read a story that makes you feel good? A story that put a smile on your face? A story that makes you want to scream all the love you have?
That's how Kaleidoscope Hearts made me feel the entire time.
The story is not an easy one. I thought I was about to read something light but it wasn't. Yet Claire Contreras tell a story which such easiness, it never felt heavy.

Estelle has seen her life change one year ago with her fiance's death. It left her broken but not shattered.

description

Little by little, she moved on and one big step is to go back living with her brother letting her house and its memories.
But being around her brother also means being around Oliver and that could be something she is not ready to face.

Oliver was a crush before meeting her fiance. A crush that broke her heart several years ago. To think of it, it wasn't just a crush, it was a real love.

What's really formidable with this book was how it was both a second chance romance AND a friend to lovers story. It makes me feel giddy just by knowing what was the promise behind it all.

description

Oliver and Estelle's relationship is complicated. Years ago, Oliver was attracted to Estelle but never really acted up on it. Things happen but that could have never been more for two reasons. First Vic who's Oliver's best friend and Estelle brother but also because he never thought of settling down.

Their feelings never were innocent and now that they have to be around each other again, it's even more painful to hide.

“Some things never change,” I say. His eyes darken. “Sometimes they get better.”

Estelle was a flawless character. Her situation is less than easy but she deals with what comes her way. I loved how she dealt with her grief. I appreciated how she let herself feel. She doubts a lot but she still manage to not let her be overwhelmed too much. She goes after what she wants and she listen to herself.

"Something happens to me when I’m around Oliver. It’s like the world vanishes around me. Everything can be falling apart, but in his arms, I’m whole".
description

Oliver annoyed me a little sometimes. He is one handsome guy and he knows it. He has been single for so long, never really dating that he doesn't know how to deal with what he feels for Estelle. Although the look in his eyes and the things he says shows otherwise.

Kaleidoscope Hearts was my first book by Claire Contreras and it was such a winner I want to devour her books.

"My body is yours.” He puts my hands on his chest. “My mind is yours. My hands are yours. My heart is yours. Everything I have is yours. Everything I am is yours.”


I know Mia&Jensen's story is next and believe me when I say I want to read it now.

Jensen's description is my kind of guy and their story is going to be epic. I can already tell

Extra quotes:
“I wouldn’t be kissing your mouth,” “I’d take my time, kissing my way down your body until I reach your ankles, and then I’d move back up slowly, my tongue tracing the inside of your thighs . . . tasting every inch of you . . .” “I’ll savor you until you beg for my lips and mouth to fuck that—”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR


Claire Contreras graduated with her BA in Psychology from Florida International University. She was born in the Dominican Republic and raised in Miami, Fl, where she currently resides with her husband, two boys, and two American Bulldogs. 

Life is short, and it’s more bitter than sweet, so she tries to smile as often as her face allows. She enjoys stories with happy endings, because life is full of way too many unhappy ones.



Other books in the series:



No comments