Blog Tour + Arc Review: Reaper's Fall by Joanna Wylde






reaper's fall cover.jpg
Title: Reaper"s Fall
Author: Joanna Wylde
Release Date: November 10
descriptionThe New York Times bestselling author of Reaper’s Stand is back in her “uber-alpha rough world of MCs”* as one woman’s future is rocked by the man whose hardcore past could destroy her…

He never meant to hurt her.

Levi “Painter” Brooks was nothing before he joined the Reapers motorcycle club. The day he patched in, they became his brothers and his life. All they asked in return was a strong arm and unconditional loyalty—a loyalty that’s tested when he’s caught and sentenced to prison for a crime committed on their behalf.

Melanie Tucker may have had a rough start, but along the way she’s learned to fight for her future. She’s escaped from hell and started a new life, yet every night she dreams of a biker whose touch she can’t forget. It all started out so innocently—just a series of letters to a lonely man in prison. Friendly. Harmless. Safe.

Now Painter Brooks is coming home… and Melanie’s about to learn that there’s no room for innocence in the Reapers MC.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24582414-reaper-s-fall


MY REVIEW

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

description

Here I am again with a 3 star review... Hardest feeling ever, especially for a Joanna Wylde book. I discovered her books this year and I eat her series up in a matter of months. I was anticipating Painter's book ever since I read about him in Puck's story.
Yeah I did everything reverse. I started with Silver Bastard series to get back to her Reapers MC series. So I kind of knew Painter and Melanie for a long time.

Bear with me and keep in mind that a 3 star means I liked the book. Because I really did. I spent less than 2 days reading it for a reason.
The story is addictive. All you want to know is what happened for these two and why they are not together.

Joanna Wylde did a fantastic job getting us back in time to have all the info you need on Painter and Melanie backstory.

All started with some tv watching and then some letters exchange when Painter was in prison but it all went wrong when Painter didn't find himself enough for a girl like Melanie and when after some bad reaction Painter is in detention for the third times.

“I never said I wasn’t interested, I said you deserved better.”

To me there was some kind of complexity to understand Painter. The MC is his life. He literally breathes the MC life. He would do anything for his 'bothers'. Yet he doesn't find this life good enough for Melanie.
He doesn't believe a girl like her should be with him.

But who is he to fight feelings?

description

Melanie was at first IMO like a little girl, all shy and lost in a world where she doesn't really know her place. Painter is an anchor in her life. She has feelings for him but the constant push is frustrating her.
Nothing in their relation is easy. And when Painter has to face jail time, it's even harder on both of them.

What I liked:

My fav part was the fact we get more involved in the MC life. We got details, how it's working, their differents meetings and how decisions are made. Through Painter eyes we are fully immerse in what he has to do to be a part of the MC.

The fact that these events have a direct impact on his relation with Melanie was both enlightening and shattering.

I also simply loved Painter and Melanie together. I wanted more of it instead of the push and fight. When they are together it's just seems so easy and so peaceful. When they let finally themselves feel, they form a beautiful couple and they are so cute.

description

What went wrong

Without saying too much, the reason why Melanie didn't want Painter in her life after prison time was a bit weak to me. (view spoiler)

I also expected the sex scenes to be hotter. With reaction like this one:

"I want to tie you up and come in your ass and shove my cock down your throat until you choke. I want your hair in little-girl pigtails so I can hold on tight while I fuck your face."

I excepted rough sex but I never felt it. They were just too cute.
Yeah that was my inner whore calling

description

I told you at the moment I don't want cute and Reaper's Fall just confirm it. But you be sure to give it a try, it might be perfect for you.

Extra quote: ♥ No matter what else had happened between us through the years, this never changed—the burning need I felt for him,...
Excerpt


“You want to watch a movie or something?” she asked, nodding toward the TV. I had a decent one, too. Giant-ass flat-screen—homecoming present from the club.

“Sure,” I said, reaching for the remote. I didn’t have cable, but Ruger had set up some kind of box thingie for me so I could stream shit. “Whatcha in the mood for?”

“Not horror,” she said quickly, and I laughed again, remembering that first evening I’d spent with her at Pic’s house. She’d been so young and scared and vulnerable . . . I’d wanted to eat her up.

I still wanted to eat her.

“I can’t believe that you and Puck were supposed to be watching over me, and then you put in a slasher movie. That’s not how you make a girl feel safe.”

“No horror,” I agreed, although the thought of holding her for a couple hours while she was scared shitless appealed way more than it should. Watch it, asshole. “How about Star Wars?”

“You like Star Wars?”

I shrugged. “Everyone likes Star Wars. You know, I’m pretty damned sure Han Solo was a biker.”

She giggled. “You mean, like a space biker?”

“See, when you say it like that it sounds stupid.”

“I wanted to be Princess Leia. She’s badass,” she said, taking a deep drink of her beer. I watched as her lips wrapped around the neck, her throat swallowing. Oh fuck, that was good. She set the beer down on the coffee table with a clink, then let loose with the biggest burp I’d ever heard.

“Fucking hell,” I said, stunned. “I didn’t think girls could burp like that. Shit. Impressive, Mel. Very impressive.”

She grinned at me.

“We’re friends,” she told me. “And friends don’t need to worry about stuff like that. Let me guess—you’ve never had a female friend before?”

“Not really,” I admitted. “I’m think I’m a little scared.”

Scared and turned on, which was weird.

“You should be. I can do the whole alphabet.”



Damn. I kinda wanted to see that.




BUY LINKS





About the Author:


Joanna Wylde is a New York Times bestselling author and creator of the Reapers Motorcycle Club series. She currently lives in Idaho.


Stalk Her: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

GIVEAWAY

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments