Review: The Game Plan by Kristen Callihan


Title: The Game Plan
Author: Kristen Callihan
Release Date: November 1st

descriptionA beard-related dare and one hot-as-hell kiss changes everything.

NFL center Ethan Dexter’s focus has always been on playing football and little else. Except when it comes to one particular woman. The lovely Fiona Mackenzie might not care about his fame, but she’s also never looked at him as anything more than one of her brother-in-law’s best friend. That ends now.

Fi doesn’t know what to make of Dex. The bearded, tattooed, mountain of man-muscle looks more like a biker than a football player. Rumor has it he’s a virgin, but she finds that hard to believe. Because from the moment he decides to turn his quiet intensity on her she’s left weak at the knees and aching to see his famous control fully unleashed.

Dex is looking for a forever girl, but they live vastly different lives in separate cities. Fi ought to guard her heart and walk away. But Dex has upped his game and is using all his considerable charm to convince Fi he's her forever man.

Game On





PRE-ORDER




My Review
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

description

I'm wondering what's wrong with me and sweet books lately? I can' seem to enjoy them as much as others or as much as I usually are.

Unfortunately, The Game Plan was one of them. Maybe I was too high on The Friend Zone and I was expecting more. I loved the Friend Zone so much I was probably still on Cloud 9 with Ivy&Gray.

The Game Plan is a standalone and can be read as one but IMO if you want to know Fiona&Dex a little more you can read The Friend zone first. Fiona is Ivy sister and Dex is Gray best friend.

Dex was appealing to me because I found him shy and mysterious. He also seems really sweet and in need of so much love. He was like a huge teddy bear you want to hug.

You might all know by now he's a virgin. That was an originality even more interesting.

Fiona is the wildcard. She was always looking for the next thing to do never really finding her way.
Now she is ready to settle down in her professional life but also in her private life.

When she met Dex again she barely recognizes him. But how can you ignore a huge beard man with a bun? Between you and me I think it's a wet walking dream, when you add the tattoos and the bad boy look you might have Mr Perfect

description

The two of them connect instantly; their first kiss was scorching HOT! Believe me, you're gonna combust for sure

description

Dex is tired of denying his attraction and wants a relationship but Fiona is a bit worried about the distance. They live miles apart and their busy schedules don't let them much time on their own.

From this moment, things become a little difficult for me. First because I wanted more from their relationship and secondly because I felt it was always the same problem all over again. Even if I've liked how they deal with problems coming their way, it felt flat.

description

The good surprise of the Game Plan was the fact the time line keep going after The Friend Zone. Where with most series you have different stories with different characters within the same period, here it's a continuity. There were in college and now in the Game Plan they are NFL professionals.

One thing for sure I really hope Kristen Callihan has more story in store because in the Game Plan you meet a lot of potential new characters that I'm very much interested in: Rolondo (M/M ), Finn (Swoon) and Ryder just to name 3 of them. All I'm sayin' is there's potential here...

Fav quote:
“I don’t know what to make of this,” I whisper. “I didn’t expect you, Ethan.” His eyes search my face. “I’ve been waiting two years for you to see me.”

About the Author




Kristen Callihan is an author because there is nothing else she’d rather do. She is a three-time RITA nominee, and winner of two RT Reviewer’s Choice awards. Her novels have garnered starred reviews from Publisher’s Weekly and the Library Journal, as well as being awarded top picks by many reviewers. Her debut book FIRELIGHT received RT Magazine’s Seal of Excellence, was named a best book of the year by Library Journal, best book of Spring 2012 by Publisher’s Weekly, and was named the best romance book of 2012 by ALA RUSA. When she is not writing, she is reading.

Other books in the series

          Review                      Review

No comments