Review: When I was yours by Samantha Towle


Title: When I was yours
Author: Samantha Towle
Release Date: November 10


description“Marry me.”
“What?” I stared back at him, unblinking.
He moved closer, taking my face in his hands. “I love you, Evie. I look into the future, and the only thing I see clearly is you. Marry me.”
What’s an eighteen-year-old girl who was madly in love with her nineteen-year-old boyfriend say?

Of course, I said yes.

Twenty-four hours later, I married Adam Gunner at a Vegas chapel to the sounds of “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi. Not the best omen. I get that now.

Then, exactly one week later, I left him. I walked out, leaving behind my wedding ring, annulment papers, and my heart, and he never knew why.

I haven’t seen him since. Not in ten long years.

Now, he’s here, standing before me. Looking at me with nothing but hurt and hatred in his eyes, he wants answers.

Answers I can’t give.



BUY LINKS


My review


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Me after reading When I was yours

description

This books was a journey of love, of lust, of hurt, of forgiveness, of acceptance. Everything is not perfect but I couldn't give it less than 5 because it blown me away! It took me by the gut. I laughed, I cried, I was anxious, nervous. I wanted to end this torture and know what was their HEA.

Samantha Towle knows how to keep your interested. The story is told from both pov' and is told both in the past and present time.
Every chapter I ended up either smiling because they were so adorable when they first meet or either nervous because of how their relation is now.

When Adam meets Evie after 10 years , it's like a punch in the gut. There, in front of his eyes is the woman who left him without a goodbye after one week of marriage. They loved each other, they were meant to be together but without explanation, without a word Evie left their happiness behind.




Throughout the book, Adam's pain was unbearable. I feel his pain in each page I read. It was oppressive, it was depressing and I wanted it to end. Seeing Evie again was both a relief and a torture. His feelings were a total mess. Not knowing what to feel, being completely taken of guard is hard for him.

" I knew I wasn’t over her—I’d have to be stupid to ever think I was—but I didn’t realize how badly I’d want her again. The urge to touch her and taste her was overwhelming. Just breathing the same air as her was fucking killing me."

Evie couldn't imagine being face to face with the guy she still loves. Even though she was the one to quit, things were never easy. Now that they have stuff to talk about, there's one thing she can't admit. She won't reveal why she left. She is too scared that reasons will the point of no return for them.
To be honest I would suggest readers to not focus on the reason why she left. I know it's a huge part of the book, it's pretty much the big secret but as I was reading I decided no matter what I read I won't be disappointed because to me their love is so powerful that was the main focus for me. To be a witness of what they shared and wishing they find their way back to each other was my priority.

« I’m crying because I’m sad. And I’m sad because all we do when we see each other is fight and hurt one another. Mostly, I’m sad because I miss you. I’ve missed you for ten years, and I’m tired of missing you, tired of this hollow space in my chest where you used to be. »

I was anticipating When I was yours ever since I saw teasers on Samanta Towle social medias and I had the book I wanted. I had a beautiful second chance romance. They don't give in easily. They hurt a lot. The past chapters ease a little the angst and give you a much needed serenity.

About the Author



New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal and international bestselling author Samantha Towle began her first novel in 2008 while on maternity leave. She completed the manuscript five months later and hasn’t stopped writing since.

She has written contemporary romances, THE MIGHTY STORM, WETHERING THE STORM, TAMING THE STORM, TROUBLE, REVVED and REVIVED.

She has also written paranormal romances, THE BRINGER and the ALEXANDRA JONES SERIES, all penned to tunes of The Killers, Kings of Leon, Adele, The Doors, Oasis, Fleetwood Mac, and more of her favourite musicians.

A native of Hull and a graduate of Salford University, she lives with her husband, Craig, in East Yorkshire with their son and daughter.

No comments