Blog Tour + Arc Review: The Girls Got Secrets by Linda Kage




THE GIRL'S GOT SECRETS
Forbidden Men #7
Linda Kage
Releasing Nov 28th, 2015
Self-Published


Here’s the same old “girl posing as a boy” story but with a rock-n-roll twist.

Remy Curran dreams of one day being in a band, except the group she wants to join refuses to hire a girl drummer. So, she auditions as a guy...and makes the cut.

Becoming “Sticks,” a member of Non-Castrato, isn’t quite what she dreamed it would be, though. She spends most of her time keeping up the subterfuge and learning how to walk, talk, act, and drink like a man.

But what’s even harder to deal with is acting oblivious when the band’s heartthrob lead singer, Asher Hart, treats her like one of the guys and not a woman. She never imagined he’d be so much more than a pretty face with a nice voice. But he’s better than perfect. He’s perfect for her.

When love and lies combine, Remy must keep up the act or lose everything. But who knew lying to reach one dream could prevent you from attaining an even bigger dream?



MY REVIEW

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

~ 5 "Te amo" star ~

description

description

I'm definitely there at the moment. The Girl's Got Secrets was a delicious read. It was a damn long book, probably the longest book I've EVER read and I enjoyed EVERY minute of it!

The promise of the blurb was enthralling and I didn't miss one drop of this lovely tale. I hope you won't either.

If you've read the Forbidden series, you already know Asher but not the real him. You know he's an handsome guy, funny and a tease when it comes to his friend, Ten. You also know he's a damn good singer.
I've started the Forbidden series with the first book about Mason but then I got lost in the way and read Ten's book ( A Perfect Ten) just a few months ago. All books are stand-alone but they all form one big family and it's always good to catch up if you have time ;)

description

I don't know how she does it, especially after 7 books but Linda Kage succeed to bring us very different couple along the way. My fav' is still Ten because seriously you can beat a perfect guy like him? Still Asher will have a special place. He's the guy, you can NOT fell for.

description

This story is less traditional than others because of the circumstance of how Remy and Asher meet.

Remy is well aware what she is doing even if at first she was never suppose to got that far. Her dream was to be a part of a band, the Non-Castrato no less and because they won't give her a chance as a chick, she has to find a way for them to listen. Being a part of the group is like life achievement for Remy. She never succeeds at school, she didn't get the perfect family, she just wants to play be part of a band playing drums.
She would never imagine to bond so quickly with the tempting Asher.

description

People who have read Ten's book will certainly remember Remy but if you haven't, let the guy explain it himself, he certainly does it better than me

“You’re Incubus shirt girl.”“No, I...wait, what?” “Who’s Incubus shirt girl?” “You know The chick Asher wrote that song about, the one who came here and sang karaoke in the Incubus shirt and totally rocked his world.”

Asher has always felt lonely. His mother died when he was young, not that she ever told him she loved him, the opposite actually and his father never was in the picture. Being a drug dealer and killing Asher's mom drove him right away in prison.
Things might have change a little recently. He discovered by chance that Pick (Be My Hero) was his half brother but it's still hard for him to fit in a perfect family portrait.

As the story progress, you have more details on Asher's feelings. You see him struggle with the fact he never really had friends. It's certainly for this reason he gets one so well with Remy/Sticks.
They both love music, they are both invest in the group. They love writing songs, they have the same sense of humor, they simply click... too bad Remy doesn't find a way to tell the truth.

"Putting on a little disguise to get my dream to come true should never have had the power to hurt anyone else. But I had a sinking feeling it just might upset the one person in this entire situation whom I didn’t want to hurt."

The story goes on and the lie snowball into a bigger lie. 
It was really consuming, trust me you won't can't to put the book down. At some point I felt a little sorry for Remy because she wanted to come clean but circumstances were never in her favor. I would have expected to be annoyed with her but it was never the case.

Linda Kage relates her story in a way where all details are important. You know, as readers, we sometimes complain that the relation evolves too quickly and we don't see enough how the MC fall in love. With Girl's got secrets, you won't feel that way. 
You live with Asher, you discover what he thinks, you are in deep with Remy's lies and you witness how these two become inseparable.

Linda Kage's books seem to be longer with each publication. That might be explained by the fact you always get to see previous couples and I love that part. We get the news from others and we have a small glimpse for what's to come

“Hey, are you the one dating Felicity?” Knox paused and cocked him a curious glance. “Yeah. Why?” “You ask her to marry you yet?” No.”“Well... She’s kind of the woman of my dreams, so.... If she’s not married by the time I’m sixteen, I’m making her mine. Just thought I’d warn you, you know, man to man.”

Isn't he cute already?
But he will have to way because Brandt is first.

If you never gave this series a try, reconsider immediately and start all over with Mason. Join the family because all Forbidden Men are tight and form a beautiful group of friends ♥

description

Extra quote: 

“Whenever I look into your eyes, I feel like there could be more, so much more. Like there could be everything.”

EXCERPT



Remy and I bent at the same time to turn on the karaoke machine.

“Sorry,” we murmured together when we nearly bumped foreheads. Then we shifted an inch apart but still both going in to get the machine up and running.

“Holy shit,” she murmured under her breath, turning toward me slightly. “You smell really good.”

I didn’t want it to, but my body reacted, remembering every touch, lick, and kiss she’d ever given me. I glanced at her face, and her eyes flared as if she was in trouble for saying such a thing.

“Sorry.” She lifted both hands in some kind of surrender. “It’s just...it’s new. You’ve never smelled like that before.”

Lust stirred through me. I tried to bite it back, tried to cling to the fact I was mad at her, but a need unlike any I’d ever experienced with any other person roared through my blood.

I had to shake my head and blink myself back to the present, remind myself where I really was and what I was doing. And that was most definitely not Remy Curran.

“It’s, uh...Eva gave it to me as the best man gift. I figured I should wear it today.”


She nodded, agreeing. “Well, it’s amazing. I think I just got pregnant.”

BUY NOW
Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Kobo



Linda grew up on a dairy farm in the Midwest as the youngest of eight children. Now she lives in Kansas with her husband, daughter, and nine cuckoo clocks. Her life's been blessed with lots of people to learn from and love. Writing's always been a major part of her world, and she is so happy to finally share some of her stories with other romance lovers.




1 comment

  1. Great review! Thank you for hosting!

    Crystal, Tasty Book Tours

    ReplyDelete