Blog Tour + ARC REVIEW : Perfect Ruin by Nashoda Rose

perfect Ruin banner


PERFECT RUIN NASHODA ROSE AMAZON KINDLE EBOOK COVER

Book Title: Perfect Ruin 
Author: Nashoda Rose 
Genre: Erotic Romance 
Release Date:December 14, 2015 

Goodreads Button with Shadow

descriptionThe New York Times Best Selling author Nashoda Rose is back with the much anticipated story of Kai and London in the Unyielding series.

Kai 
There is nothing I care about.
 No attachments.
No connections.
Outwardly, I’m a perfect gentleman.
Until my target sees my knife.
I fear nothing, not even death.
In my world, death is considered a privilege.
But my life comes with unbreakable cruel strings and when I met her, I should’ve walked away.
I didn’t.
I was too selfish.
And that sealed her fate.
Because one week with me led her into the hands of ruin.

London 

We all have unique layers that make up who we are.
What makes us vulnerable or strong.
What we fear and what excites us.
But peel back those layers and you’re left naked and exposed.
They did that to me.
Each piece was slowly stripped away then burned. I merely existed.
But there was one layer they overlooked.
The most important of them all—the tie to one man.
The man responsible for me being this way.
The man who found me.
And the killer who would do anything to protect me.

Perfect Ruin is the dark erotic story of Kai and London. Their beginning. And the continuing story of Vault.

MY REVIEW

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



description

description

I think they are no words to explain how much I love Nashoda Rose's books! Every time she writes something, every time I dive in one of her books she does it again and again. Perfect ruin was the fifth book I read from her and I won't let that woman down! She is an auto-buy author for me ever since I read Torn from you! She got me hooked since day 1! I'm a huge fan. I haven't read her PNR series at the moment but I know if there's one author other than Ella Frank that I would want to try in the PNR genre it would be Nashoda Rose.

To me, Perfect ruin is best to experience after reading Perfect Chaos. The two books are intertwined. Some parts are even parallel. You won't fully grasp certain actions. There are also a lot of characters you are introduced to in Perfect Chaos.

" I’d never cared before. In order to care, you had to give a shit. I didn’t. Now I did and it was worse than any physical pain. It was acid eating away at my insides and feeling like there was no way back from the hell I lived in."

The first thing I want to bring out from Perfect Ruin is how much I love the whole universe Nashoda put us in. Both her series Tear Asunder and Unyielding are connected. I knew about Kai&London way before I knew about Deck and Georgie. I'm always fascinated when an author gives us several books within the same or practically the same sphere or in this case I would say with the same basis.

It all started with Sculpt, Kai is already there so as Deck. All stories have their particularities. Tear Asunder is a group, it's their story, only Torn from you was like an introduction to everything and everyone else. I can't advice you enough to read all books from her.

"Love and hate were complete opposites; and yet they intersected so frequently, changing paths often until they collided and made one big mess as they became parallel and found peace within."

Perfect Ruin is full of action, suspense, desire, lust, disturbing moments, shocking revelations and I loved it from the beginning. Be sure to have time once you start it because you won't want to quit your couch, bed or whatever before you know everything.

The pace of the book is set flawlessly. It's told from both pov (sometimes more) You are in London's thought and then Kai's at the ideal moment. It was especially true because Kai was a mystery at first. You don't really know what his intentions are, and you are left a little anxious.

I don't want to repeat what's in the blurb, I don't want to explain you the complex world Kai is in and how London is a part of it, just know that these two meets in dark circumstances and not for the right reasons.

Kai is a ruthless guy, a killer with no moral and no compassion because he was taught to be that way. He doesn' t have any emotion, any feeling because it's who he was supposed to be. Meeting London ruined him but gave him purpose. Seeing a man so strong, so in control of himself discovering what to feel was like is simply beautiful. Seeing this guy push his own limits for a little small thing like London was my undoing. There's almost nothing sexier than to see a man, a though one, fall for a girl.

description

You know how I love an heroine to be strong? London was all that and more. In some ways, she was certainly one of the most complete heroines I've read about. She went through hell, literally and still with Kai's help she found her strength back. Layers by layers, Kai, with his own method, brought her back.

"Because I liked him wrapped around me. I liked the feel of him. I liked him in bed with me. And I’d never felt so protected in my life. The irony was I had the feeling that Kai could very well destroy me."

London has no chance to resist him. The lust is too powerful. The connection is made from the start. If you want any insight of the sexual chemistry these two have, look at two of my updates and be prepare to take a cold shower or have your boyfriend/husband near you. Another piece of advice, don't read this book in a public place, you blushing or you crossing your legs will be a common thing.

description

description

description

Perfect Ruin was also an awesome introduction for Connor's book. The next book in the series promises to be fascinating. We know barely anything about him and what we know isn't pretty. Nashoda Rose writes disturbing books border line dark. I won't say there are dark reads but her books contains triggers than can trouble some readers and I have a feeling Connor's book will be the darkest and most difficult book to read.

Extra quote: “I need you to give yourself completely to me, not because you’re forced to, London, but because you trust me to only give you pleasure.”


EXCERPT

“If there was no deal, would you want me? Do you want me?” he drawled.

Did I? Yes. I wanted the man who had held me in his arms and told me he’d always come for me. I wanted him. I’d always wanted him. “Yes,” I whispered.

“Good. Then this is day one,” he murmured against the back of my neck as his lips made contact.

“Please. Tell me… I need something to make this… okay.” Nothing would make this okay. I knew that. This was a deal and I was trading my body for my father’s safety to a man who was obviously dangerous.

It was just sex. That was all.

But no matter what I told myself, I knew sex with Kai was more than the act. I felt it the second my body reacted to him and my mind fought him.

He suckled on the lobe of my ear and desire spread like wildfire. “You’re safe with me. Always.”

“And if I don’t believe you?” But the fucked-up part was that I did believe him.

He pulled back slightly, just enough so I no longer had the heat of his body against me, but still felt the closeness. “That’s up to you. But your body trusts me and if there is one thing in life you should trust, it’s your body.”

He released one of my wrists. Brushing my hair aside from my neck, he replaced the touch of his finger with his mouth. His lips trailed a path of gentle, light kisses of heat over my skin and some of the tension left my body.

“What if my body is wrong?” I closed my eyes and curled my hands into fists, unable to move. Afraid to. Wanting to.

“Your body doesn’t know how to be wrong. The only lies are the ones your mind feeds it.”

“I’m scared,” I admitted.

“I’ll make it go away, baby.”


ABOUT THE AUTHOR

brim

Nashoda Rose is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Toronto with her assortment of pets. She writes contemporary romance with a splash of darkness, or maybe it’s a tidal wave.

When she isn't writing, she can be found sitting in a field reading with her dogs at her side while her horses graze nearby. She loves interacting with her readers and chatting about her addiction—books.


websitenewsletter signuptwitterFacebookTSUinstagramGoodreads

BUY THE BOOKS

PERFECT RUIN NASHODA ROSE AMAZON KINDLE EBOOK COVER

PERFECT CHAOS NASHODA ROSE AMAZON KINDLE EBOOK COVER

On SALE for just 99¢ (for a limited time)

amazon us amazon UK B&N iBooks kobo smashwords

GIVEAWAY



No comments