Arc Review: The Score by Elle Kennedy

descriptionHe knows how to score, on and off the ice

Allie Hayes is in crisis mode. With graduation looming, she still doesn’t have the first clue about what she's going to do after college. To make matters worse, she’s nursing a broken heart thanks to the end of her longtime relationship. Wild rebound sex is definitely not the solution to her problems, but gorgeous hockey star Dean Di-Laurentis is impossible to resist. Just once, though, because even if her future is uncertain, it sure as heck won’t include the king of one-night stands.

It’ll take more than flashy moves to win her over 

Dean always gets what he wants. Girls, grades, girls, recognition, girls…he’s a ladies man, all right, and he’s yet to meet a woman who’s immune to his charms. Until Allie. For one night, the feisty blonde rocked his entire world—and now she wants to be friends? Nope. It’s not over until he says it’s over. Dean is in full-on pursuit, but when life-rocking changes strike, he starts to wonder if maybe it’s time to stop focusing on scoring…and shoot for love.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27252717-the-score



REVIEW


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

In a little less than a year Elle Kennedy has become an author I can't do without reading. Her Off-Campus series is so addictive you need your fix from time to time. The Deal made it to my Top Ten in 2015 and was a story that I didn't though of loving it so much. The Mistake was another story, still love it but to me it didn't get the intensity the first book had. So now we have The Score, and it gets the best of the previous book!

“Where do you think rainbows come from? Whenever you see a rainbow, that means an angel just came.”

As the book will be out at the beginning of January, I swear it will be the best book to start the year and have a first 5 star read for all of you who has to yet read it! Mark my word, this book was utterly perfect! There are no flaws to the characters, no flaws with the writing, no flaws with the plot, no flaws. Period.

For those who already know Dean Di Laurentis, I just have to say, you are not ready yet to meet the awesome-ness that the guy is! You think you know him but forget it all! You don't. And same goes for Allie! You think you've witness through Hanna's book what that girl is capable of but you have no idea!

I think the blurb gives you enough info to start the book, you don't need more. So I won't spend my review telling you what all this all about. Nope I'm just going to state how this book made me feel during all my read. And be prepared for some giggling, laughing and panting.

description

First I need to regroup my thought because I'm still high. I had lots expectations for Dean and he meets them all!
I guess you've already read a book where the girl who's heartbroken falls for the manwhore of the group but damn if this book is totally different of what you could expect. For those who are scared there's an insta-love, forget about it. Not the case here.

Dean has it all. He's confident, he does what he wants when he wants and he has a lot of success with girls, well it's another way to say he fucks a lot. While his teammates seem to see only this side of him, there are lots of layers to his personality. Throughout your read, you'll discover a guy who's caring, protective, attentive and who simply live his life the way he can.

Dean Heyward-Di Laurentis is the biggest flirt on the planet. Every time I see him he’s trying to get in my pants. And I can’t even feel special about it, because he tries to get in everyone’s pants.

I was surprised when I heard people weren't thrilled to know Allie was the heroine is this book because seriously Elle Kennedy couldn't have found a better half for him. You would think that after breaking up with her long term boyfriend she will be devastated and winning but she is the opposite.

She's pragmatic, she keeps her chin up and keep her belief strong.
The banter between them two was absolutely fantastic. I promise, you'll laugh ALL THE TIME. They are a few scenes I could name but it's would spoil your enjoyment.

“It’ll be fun. Sex is always fun.”
“Pass.”
“Okay, no sex. How about just oral?”
“Am I giving or receiving?”
“Receiving. And then giving. Because that’s how it goes.” “You know, the circle of life and all that.”

description

Elle Kennedy is also very talented when it comes to write steam sexy scenes. Believe me there are quite a few here and all of them were extremely sexy. The sexual encounters are spicy and bold, once again together they form a splendid pair, and the sex is off the charts!!

description

description

" I am doing what I want. I’m making you happy.”
Being the third book in the series, I was so happy to still have some news of the other guys. We get to spend time with the whole bunch and see their friendship is still strong. Now the ending left us with a bomb for Tucker. I think I couldn't have a better start for his own story.






BUY The Score

Amazon: http://amzn.com/B016VQCFO0
OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES






No comments