Review: A ruthless proposition

Title: A Ruthless Proposition
Author: Natasha Anders
Release Date: January 26, 2016

description
All that glitters may lead right to his heart… 
The last thing Cleopatra Knight expects on her business trip to Tokyo is to fall into bed with her arrogant, irresistibly hot boss, Dante Damaso. It’s a mistake—a steamy, mind-blowingly satisfying mistake. But a few nights of passion with the superwealthy bad boy prove to have long-term effects when Cleo’s world is unexpectedly turned upside down. 

Dante has cultivated an enviable, jet-setting lifestyle: beautiful women, exotic destinations, and luxury without limits. He’s not looking to be domesticated, and certainly not by his assistant—even though he can’t get her out of his mind. Still, he knows he has both the responsibility and the financial means to help Cleo. 

Though Cleo has no interest in Dante’s money, her lack of prospects gives her little choice but to accept his help. But living under the same roof, Dante discovers he wants more, and if Cleo lets down her guard, she just might find what her heart’s wanted all along.





MY REVIEW
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 star

A Ruthless Proposition is my first book by Nathasha Anders. It wasn't quite the winner I expected but it wasn't the disaster I feared after the 32 % mark.
I was so closed to DNF this one just based on one tiny twist that I've seen coming so much! And let me tell you I wasn't please. I can't reveal too much because it's clear to me it should stay a secret.

This book made me think hard, maybe too hard. I should just enjoy a book for what it is and not always analyzing everything and wondering why I didn't like a particular aspect. It bothered me for most of my read and it's exhausting for nothing!

From the blurb you all know Dante is the rich handsome man who work with Cleo as his assistant/secretary. They have to be on a trip in Japan because of a delay on one of Dante's construction site.
Both of them dislike the other but you can't deny sexual attraction/tension for far too long. And once you've giving in... You're so in trouble! They are both in so much trouble.
Dante was such an ass! He is confident, condescending with everyone and especially Cleo.
He doesn't want to name what they have. It means nothing to him.
Cleo is less sure. She knows nothing good could come out of this 'affair' but you know how girls works? Right?

"This was sex, plain and simple, and sometimes that’s really all anybody needed".

During a good portion of the book Dante is awful! Through his pov, I was able to see some glimpse of the man he could be but it was so occasional I wasn't sure I could trust his own thoughts.

Cleo was a likeable character from the start. Her life is a mess but she deals with it the best she can.
Throughout my read I've come to dislike her more and more. Her actions, the way she speaks made me cringe more than once. I get it could have been unsettling for her to trust Dante but still she acted selfishly most of the time.

"What kind of asshole forgets a woman’s name while he’s naked in bed with her?"

I can't deny my fav' part was when Dante needed to grovel a little. A man he did... in his own way but still it was cute at time. Nathasha Anders gives us enough background to understand where Dante comes from. While I can't say I agree with how he deals his relationship, the guy only wants to proctect himself.

"Cleo, sometimes you can be so damned . . .” “Frustrating?” “No.” “Annoying?”“Cute,” he said with playful smile, and shocked the hell right out of her. “Sometimes you can be so damned cute.”


If you are looking for a hate-to love books with an asshole guy who redeem himself good, A ruthless proposition is your pick ;)



Buy Link

Amazon

No comments