ARC REVIEW: Love, Chloe by Alessandra Torre

descriptionFrom NYT Bestseller Alessandra Torre... The sexy serial that exploded on Cosmopolitan.com is now a full-length, standalone novel.

Chloe Madison. That’s me. A former NYU princess who just fell from grace, right off my pampered Manhattan throne and onto the unforgiving steps of Nicole Brantley, socialite and queen bitch. Now, I walk her dog and mix her smoothies. Try to navigate my own problems while fixing all of hers.

I want what every New York girl wants. A career, an apartment, and true love, preferably in a smoking hot package.

It turns out I’ll have to fight for all of it.



My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This story is the antithesis of ‘a rags to riches’ tale with Chloe Madison reeling from the harsh dose of reality thanks to mommy and daddy’s fraudulent ways. She’s goes from a New York socialite to homeless and penniless faster than you can say Madoff.

Despite her very far fall from grace or in this case, riches, Chloe’s not a cliché. She’s not bitter, although some of her inner dialogue is witty, sarcastic and funny; she’s introspective. Chloe uses this ‘down on her luck’ situation to learn from her mistakes and change. There’s this self-discovery that she undergoes. While Chloe was always a caring person, she didn’t always take the time to show she cared or to appreciate the important stuff – I’m not talking about the cars, the clothes, etc., but the people, the relationships, the stuff that matters.


I’m sure it’s been said before, I thought this story had a ‘Sex in the City’ feel to it although it’s different. But the friendship Chloe has with her besties and their loyalty to her no matter her plight was reminiscent of Carrie and her posse

and of course, the fact that this takes place in New York...’nuff said.


AT is such a versatile writer and I love how she gives me something engaging but different every time. This book is refreshing, fun and entertaining.


**ARC generously provided by author in exchange for an honest review.**


No comments