Review: Conscience by Cecilia London

descriptionAn escape plan foiled…
A determined woman…
One last tiny sliver of hope...

Jack will find me. 

The Fed wants answers. And Caroline is determined not to provide them. They pull out all the stops, testing her sanity, testing her strength, testing her humanity.

Jack will find me. 

Subject to cruel and merciless treatment at the hands of a government she once trusted, Caroline clings to her sole lifeline, her only chance at maintaining her tenuous hold on reality: her memories of her husband, Jack, her children, Marguerite and Sophie, and the friends who mean the world to her.

Jack will find me. 

But what happens when hope starts to fade? How long until her interrogators cross over into the unspeakable sadism she fears ? How long before she finally breaks apart?

Conscience is not a standalone and must be read after the first book in The Bellator Saga, Dissident. Trigger 
Warning: This book contains graphic violence and psychological and physical trauma, along with an oftentimes raw, dark, and gritty plot. For readers 18+. Ends in a cliffhanger.





My rating: 5 of 5 stars


5++ Brutally beautiful Stars
Super quick review as I have sooo many ARC's but I need to write some of my thoughts down..


Where to start? When you read books like this you want to go back a re-star all your past books as nothing quite adds up to a book that effects you like this.. That's how I feel here, this series is a magnitude of emotions for me. Trying to express my feelings is a tad tough I'm going to try though so here goes.

This book begins where Dissident finished, where Caroline is running for her life and getting caught by the Feds for the things she knows of, for the government that is evil and wants to do what they want to the public. Caroline is not scared and keeps going though to the bitter end.

Gah this book is freaking brutal and broke me in two.. I don't think I've ever read anything like this before, even though I have read some hardcore story's this one had me stitches alllll the way through. Worrying, fretting, sobbing and also laughing. Caroline is kept in the Federation prison, she's torchured where they play games with her mind. Giving her hope and then taking it away. Showing her that they have her by the skin of her nose. Starving her, she's not looked after AT ALL. They mess with her and try to break her. But you know Caroline is one HARD TOUGH COOKIE and if there's any woman I would love then Caroline is it. She's a true heroic-powerful-beautiful soul that is stronger than a freaking Ox!!


Although those times that pulled at my heart hurt like a motherF***er you again get flashbacks into her memory, that frankly were refreshing and I truly needed the break Cecilia gave us. Moments of sensuality and love between Caroline and Jack.


moments of love and conversations between their friends, family and kids. Giving you a perfect picture of the life they had.

I'm going to now take a breather read some arcs and come back to this in a week.. But know this. This is an EPIC LOVE READ it's brutal, it's sensual, it beautiful and it will make you smile even if you end up sobbing at the end. Because it's a relief for both you and Caroline..



That is all..

ARC generously gifted in exchange for an honest review

No comments