Review: Elastic Hearts by Claire Contreras

descriptionVictor Reuben.
Most sought out divorce attorney in LA. 

Nicole Alessi.
Soon to be ex-wife of Hollywood's biggest star, Victor’s latest client and his boss's daughter.

In such a high profile divorce, they can't afford any extra drama. Luckily, neither one of them has anything to hide.
Unless you count the mind blowing sex they had…
Once…
Twice…
Three times all those years ago.

As long as they leave the past where it belongs, they’ll be fine. But with her wearing those tight dresses and him giving her those heated glances, keeping their hands to themselves is proving to be more difficult than either one of them realized.

It won't be long before the paparazzi start to smell smoke, and where there's smoke...






My rating: 5 of 5 stars
4.5 Final Goal Stars




Gah I ADORE this series, I've read them each in order. Paper Hearts has always been my favourite Jensen be still my beating heart, that being said I'm a pool of dopey eyed glue when it comes to A HOT ALPHA Lawyer, and more so when that lawyer is protective and caring underneath and that is exactly what Victor is.

So what's it about?
Nicole is Victors boss's daughter, they have some past history and split when Victors career was just starting which led to Nicole marrying a film star, which has also now led to a sticky divorce. And you got it right, Victor is the one to sort the sticky situation out but in that comes feelings and a sexual charge that seeps of the pages instantly.


But definitely in a good way, they want each other badly yet Victor could loose his license and everything he's worked for up to now. He's ruthless and he gets jobs done but well there's Nicole that he just can't seem to walk away from. She is also most definitely struggling with her feelings too and the feelings are mutual on both sides.




But Victor is also very protective, and you as a reader see into his thoughts and who he truly is. Not his exterior bad boy ways but that he is falling for Nicole even if they both don't see it for themselves yet.



There are a few twists along the way, some angst near the end but Claire has done what she's so good at. Telling us a heartfelt and sexy read. This one is slightly different to the other two books in this series but boy did I enjoy the ride. And I'll be forever grateful to Claire for writing this series as honestly they're beautiful love stories all in all.

I now need these paperbacks for my self lol

Enjoy Xo

ARC generously gifted via Claire in exchange for an honest review


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 "my shirt's better" STARS

This was just what I needed! So much fun, sooo off-the-charts hot, and just so...*sigh*...Victor!

Claire’s said it many times but I’ll say it again, this is different from the other books in the Heart series. Don't go in with that expectation. Victor Rueben and Nicole Alessi aren’t a second chances type romance because while they hooked up in the past,

and even though it was out of this world, that’s all it was.

There may have been a niggling something, something under the surface but neither acted on it or even really stopped to give it deep thought. It's sort of like standing outside a door that you contemplate opening but then change your mind. Life went on.


Then five years later, their paths cross again and they’re both different: older and hopefully, wiser. This is their time but it also isn’t, as Nicole’s going through a very public divorce and Victor's her attorney.

This dance between Nicole and Victor is seductive; the want and need is palpable yet the restraint given their circumstance is frustratingly delicious!


Victor's all that I’d hoped he’d be with his dominance, his control and his sex appeal. Damn, Claire! Girl, you did phenomenal with Victor!


“I don’t want a time limit the next time I fuck you. I don’t want a quick fuck where clothes don’t even have time to come off. I want you naked and in my bed, and trust me, I will cater to every one of your needs.”

And Nicole, I really liked her. She was strong with a heart of gold. This woman had my respect for all the crap she took and yet somehow, she held her head high and walked through it with grace and integrity. Some may think she was an idiot or push over but I think she was classy and resilient. The perfect woman for Victor.

“You make me desperate for you, Nicole,” he growled, cradling the back of my head and crashing my lips to his. “You’re fucking mine.”

I highly recommend this book! You'll be in for one sultry, sexy story!

**ARC generously provided by author in exchange for an honest review.**



No comments