Review: Rock by J.A. Huss

 Title: Rock
Author: J.A. Huss
Genres: Rock-star Romantic Suspense
Publication date: March 7th 2016
Welcome to RK’s rock star life.
I was living the dream, I was full throttle, all in, one hundred percent on top of the world. But it’s a hell of a long fall back down when you finally crash and burn.
Welcome to the delusions, the final act, the coming-to-Jesus moment when there’s nothing left to do but look yourself in the mirror and ask… How did I get like this?
I am RK’s living nightmare. I am RK’s empty soul. I am RK’s unchecked fantasy world that makes no sense to anyone.
I only have one thing left. Just one girl holding my broken pieces together.
And even she might be a lie. 

Rock is a standalone rock-star romantic suspense by the New York Times bestselling master of twist, JA Huss.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29065022-rock



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 “long way around” STARS


As usual, with a Julie Huss book, where the hell do I start without giving anything away?

 photo ROCK2_zpsxz7jw0px.jpg

Rollercoaster

I can always count on Julie to fuck with my mind! In true Huss fashion, she gives you one wild ride as all told in Rowan Kyle/RK/Rock's POV. He’s a famous rock star, lead singer of his band who’s brought back to his childhood home to recuperate from a life altering severe trauma.

Buckle up Buttercup!

Overwhelming

I was literally on the edge of my seat throughout this whole thing. In addition to Rock, there’s also his brother - TJ, his band manager - Jayce, the Vetti twins - Melissa and Melanie (don’t get me started on these two), his band mate - Kenner and some others. I had no clue who the fuck to trust! Shit, there were times that I didn’t even trust Rock and I was rooting for him! I spent a lot of this read second guessing EVERYTHING!


Curveball

If you’ve read Julie’s suspense books before, you know that this woman can give you twists and turns that’ll give you whiplash. I couldn't put this down. I was frantically trying to figure things out and of course, when I thought I knew the path we were headed down…nah huh! Then the rug would be pulled out from under me.


Kaleidoscope of emotions

I was all over the place with this thrilling read. This is a romantic suspense yet for me, it was more suspense than romance and that suited me just fine. Don’t get me wrong, there's a couple and hot sex scenes but I didn’t really care for the heroine of this story – didn’t trust that bitch (that’s just my paranoia and you’ll understand what I mean when you read it)– but the suspense held my rapt attention.

 photo ROCK_zpsb2ujio3q.jpg

If you love a great puzzle or like surprises, you have to read this!

**ARC generously provided by JA Huss in exchange for an honest review.**

About the Author



JA Huss is the USA Today bestselling author of more than twenty romances. She likes stories about family, loyalty, and extraordinary characters who struggle with basic human emotions while dealing with bigger than life problems. 

JA loves writing heroes who make you swoon, heroines who makes you jealous, and the perfect Happily Ever After ending.




No comments