Review: Confessions of a bad boy by J.D. Hawkins

description
Confessions of a Bad Boy Episode 1: Never Commit


I’m the internet's favorite Bad Boy - the guy who’ll tell it to you straight. No bullshit charm. No excuses. Consider it a public service, letting women know the truth about what guys are really thinking and teaching guys how to get what they want.

Yes, we were checking that girl out.

No, you don't want to meet her parents.

And no, ladies, we don’t care what shoes you wear - as long as they’re up around our neck by the end of the night.

Life was simple, until fate brought me back together with Jessie.

My best friend's younger sister, who I just happened to have the hottest one night stand of my life with four years ago.

Who calls me at 3 AM to get bailed out of jail.

Who I can’t keep my hands off of.

And who can never find out who I really am.

She’s off-limits, but I don't care. And when I need a fake girlfriend to help me out of a jam at work, she’s the only one who can help. Now I’m stuck sharing a hotel room with her for the weekend.

A long, sexy weekend.

This is your Bad Boy, signing off.






My rating: 5 of 5 stars
4.5 star

STOP. Stop right there! Stop what you were doing and add this book on your TBR. You'll thank me later.

It's not secret I follow J.D. Hawkins since he released his first book. And it's no secret I was waiting for a full length novel book! Now that I got it I want to shout from the rooftop how fucking amazing it is!

description

Confessions of a Bad Boy was really the perfect read I needed! Funny, sexy, sweet, hot.... all of it in one package! I was smiling, laughing like a goofy nearly the entire time! The plot and the story might be something you've already seen in books but there's a touch of freshness to JD writing style that I love. First he's a guy and when guys write, it's always different. I love the easy going style, the "I don't care if you're not ok with what I say" style! It's purely male and you feel it all through your read. J.D. can definitely make the most of his talent to give us a friendly, no bullshit atmosphere in his book.

“My idea of getting to know someone is probably a little different than yours.”

description

In this one, you have Nate who's doing a vlog (anonymously) to share his bad boy ways. If there's one thing he loves, it's women. He's a serial one-night stand-er who would never change his habits. Well you know what they say about NEVER falling in love? It's pure delight when it happens! And with Nate, all I have to say is that he won't see it coming!

Jessie is Nate's best friend sister. All three are super tight together and because of Nate's past they form like a big family. But it didn't stop Nate & Jessie to have a one night stand years ago, and it won't stop them to do it again...

"I trace my fingers across her collarbone, down around the curve her breast, around the tenderness of her stomach. She hums appreciatively, and I start wondering how we’re ever going to stop. "

description

I liked Nate's character, how he's honest with himself but also with everyone else. When you discover his background, you understand the way he acts and why he doesn't want commitment in his life. He's the guy you could easily fall for, not only because of his look but always because of his vulnerability. He doesn't realize what's in front of him for a long time but when he does, it's sweet and lovely.

As many female character I found Jessie a bit annoying at times but who could blame her to fall for the one guy she should stay away from. She was a strong girl who's independent. She was there as Nate's friend when needed and gives in to the same guy when It wasn't possible to resist.

" She doesn’t say anything at all. She just brings her lips to mine, and kisses me. It’s a kiss that says more than words ever could. A kiss that seems to connect our souls as much as our bodies."

The connection between these two is scorching hot! They can't keep their hands to each other and I'm not one to complain! The scenes are pure delight, torrid and some are sweet and cute.

"I keep my eyes closed for a few seconds after she pulls away, savoring the soft touch of her lips on mine. A touch that feels like her fingers on my soul, caressing it and protecting it from the darkness and bitterness that’s built up inside."

If you've only have to read one book by JD, this is the one to pick! With every book, it's getting better and better. I think I already said it in my previous reviews but it's true. It's great to get to witness how an author evolves.

description

~ ARC won in JD FB group ~ Thank you :))


No comments