Throwback Thursday : Black Lies by Alessandra Torre


descriptionBrant:
Became a tech billionaire by his twentieth birthday. Has been in a relationship with me for 3 years. Has proposed 4 times. Been rejected 4 times.

Lee: 
Cuts grass when he’s not banging housewives. Good with his hands, his mouth, and his cock. Has been pursued relentlessly by me for almost 2 years, whether he knows it or not.

Go ahead. Judge me. You have no idea what my love entails.

If you think you’ve heard this story before, trust me – you haven’t.






My rating: 5 of 5 stars
6 BEAUTIFUL and FOREVER stars******

Alessandra...... I'm feeling a bit like this right now!!!


I am blown away, this book gripped my every nerve where I was reading till 4am and I would of kept going if I didn't have children. I digress this book will hold onto you like no other, make you question and think on everything. I am not going to review this book by explaining the story and plot because that would be ruining your experience, you need to go in knowing NOTHING.



Love

What is love? love knows no boundaries, love can only feel, love will hurt, love can destroy and love is powerful, and love can be hard sometimes but in the end those kind of love stories to me are the most precious.

Alessandra Torre will take you on a journey where she will make you feel and think, sometimes when you love someone you will do anything to keep the ones you love close to you, is that selfish, yes? no? maybe? but above all in this story these characters fight for that right.


This a mindfuck of a story but a beautiful one at that, this not a dark story but an enriching, beautiful deep story that will pull at every piece of your heart throughout.

The Characters

Brant
Brant is a Billionaire, he became one at the age of twenty, he is a geek, he works hard he never stops creating and building and his two loves and strengths are 1. his business and 2. his love or Layana (Lana). But although he is focused the one thing that pulled Lana towards Brant was his personality and his warm and down to earth nature.
Brant is beautiful inside and out I found myself wanting to hug the him all the way through, he is a character that is easy to love.

Lee
Lee cuts grass, he has many women, he's good with his hands, his mouth and other parts of him. What I will say here is Lee is Intense he likes to push, he can't offer Lana a future he's for the here and now. Did I connect with him? yes 100% did I love him? yes yes and yes and I sure loved his cock too.

Layana
Are you judging her? Don't she has reasons and that's all I'm saying. She is strong and she's fighting the battle. She is in love with two men, two men that are worthy of her love. Lana is independent, strong, loyal, loving, beautiful.


The Sex
Powerful, Intense, gripping, sensual and I loved every bit of it all.

Lastly I will say this PICK THIS BOOK UP, FALL IN LOVE WITH THE CHARACTERS, CONNECT WITH THEM, KEEP READING THEIR STORY. You won't regret it I promise you.

Best Alessandra Torre book Yet!!

That is all

ARC from The Author Alessandra Torre in exchange for an honest review


 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5 "Yesterday. Now. Forever." STARS 


“…I stood at the rabbit hole of hell and looked down.”



This was a truly captivating and original story. Even though I figured out the secret early on...Could. Not. Put. It. Down. I’ve read other books by Ms. Torre and have enjoyed every single one but, this, this was different.

 photo BlackLies_zps2eab5949.jpg

Before you make any snap judgments from the book blurb or for those of you that HATE love triangles, you have to read this book. Put all preconceived notions, hang ups and preferences aside...it will be worth it. It was truly a thrill but also moving and emotional. What ride!!


The MCs were riveting, intriguing and the chemistry was electric and intense.

 photo BL1_zps453825a1.jpg

And the steamy sex scenes did not disappoint!


Ms. Torre's takes you on a journey that will have you guessing, fully invested in seeking the truth yet, buried in lies.

 photo BL_zps77fec999.jpg


“He was everything I didn’t expect. Quietly confident. Unassuming. Gorgeous. Intense interest that didn’t play games.”


“Wow. Cocky. Confident. Sexual…carefree, playful or flirtatious. This man’s smile was all three…”


 photo BL2_zps37113570.jpg

The writing was so expressive that as the chosen words gathered together, they evoked such raw, sensual images and emotions in me. Below as just a few examples, I could have highlighted almost the whole book:

“There, we held each other, two women on opposite sides of a battlefield, my weapons sex and passion, hers the ties of family and history. We held an entire conversation through that stare. A heated battle of emotions, arguments discussed with tightened lips and silent looks.”


“Took another bite of cake. Scraped every bit of icing off the plate and slide the fork into my mouth. Sucked on the tines. Killed a little of my mother’s soul.”

“He was the type of man I had always run from, but might just be the type I had always needed.”

“But this man…maybe it wasn’t his intelligence. Maybe it was the combination of that intelligence with confidence and intrigue, mixed in a martini glass of striking good looks.”

“He took his eyes off the view and turned to me. Studied me with open intensity, his eyes scraping open every damaged pore on my psyche.”

“…my name a beg on his lips.”

No comments