Throwback Thursday: The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan



description
Gray doesn’t make friends with women. He has sex with them. Until Ivy. 


The last thing star tight-end Gray Grayson wants to do is drive his agent’s daughter’s bubblegum pink car. But he needs the wheels and she’s studying abroad. Something he explains when she sends him an irate text to let him know exactly how much pain she’ll put him in if he crashes her beloved ride. Before he knows it, Ivy Mackenzie has become his best texting bud. But then Ivy comes home and everything goes haywire. Because the only thing Gray can think of is being with Ivy.

Ivy doesn’t have sex with friends. Especially not with a certain football player. No matter how hot he makes her… 

Gray drives Ivy crazy. He’s irreverent, sex on a stick, and completely off limits. Because, Ivy has one golden rule: never get involved with one of her father’s clients. A rule that’s proving harder to keep now that Gray is doing his best to seduce her. Her best friend is fast becoming the most irresistible guy she’s ever met. 

Which means Gray is going to have to use all his skills to get himself out of the friend zone and into Ivy’s heart. Game on



http://www.amazon.com/Friend-Zone-Game-Book-ebook/dp/B00WTQDFDM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430882008&sr=8-1&keywords=friend+zonehttps://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-friend-zone/id989675816?mt=11https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/the-friend-zone-1



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 ***** Cupcake and Special Sauce stars

Oh My Gawdddd how I love this genre!! I have to say this is hands down my Favourite lordy be this was all finds of good fun times mixed with sexy moments and then the Feels oh the Feels.


I would say to me this book was what a call a special treat made me dive in with both feet and quell the plot, the friendship the gradual love they shared, the sex but mostly the writing and how abundantly clear to how much these two characters were falling for each other from go except for us as readers although I felt they were meant t be it was a gradual progression for their relationship. I would say Kristen were true to people Gray and Ivy were.


Back in The The Hook Up Drew broke his leg and Gray being the special person he was lent his car to him therefore he was carless except Ivy's father is lending Gray Ivy's pink car which leads to Ivy texting Gray.....


Lets say... 


Bring on the Shenanigans. I was left after that prologue a big happy smile on my face expecting a fun light hearted read, what I didn't expect was a book full of the FEELS.


To begin with they embark on a friendship where they need each other and they don't want to ruin the friendship they have nor they need, to them they want more than sex and so to begin with there is a light-hearted fun read that had me laughing, smiling and enjoying the ride that was them. They were truly loving something that they have never had someone they could depend on and although Ivy had her sister and Gray Drew this was something new and different and something they really don't want to ruin. Except feelings start to seep in.


Through their friendship they are there for each other to talk to daily and become the best of friends there was also moments of solitude and peace within themselves that they knew (I felt) they were more but above all were home to each other.

I devoured the first half I read when' I could' and when I couldn't I was thinking when I can I grab some reading time. I LOVED the gradual process to their relationship and how natural to each other they were, likewise this was such an easy enjoyable read that had me drawing in everything about them I could at this part of the book.

And the Change


Then it turned and became HAWWWTTTT and much much more deeper, I think because I was so gripped to their friendship that when it turned to more I FELL for them a little more if that's even possible because I felt I was involved in their gradual growth.

Gray
OMG he seemed from the outside while reading The Hook Up as an easy breezy ladies man and yes I suppose that was true before but when Ivy came along he changed and became himself. Ivy just enabled him to be him. He was such a sweetheart and I loved his tender loving moments, his kisses and love that poured from him and I wanted to kiss him myself never mind Ivy Mac.


I loved Drew but Gray gray can I say I loved him more?? Geesh he talked to my heart and to me this story was all kinds of lovely.


Although this is a sports Romance, I loved being with the gang again and I enjoyed the theme of the story. The friends to lovers story was a pleasure and delight to read for me.

That.Is.All




No comments