Review: Fly with me by Chanel Cleeton

description
From the author of the Capital Confessions Novels comes the first in the steamy Wild Aces Romance series. 


U.S. Air Force fighter pilot Noah Miller—call sign Burn—loves nothing more than flying hard and fast. When he meets a gorgeous and sassy woman while partying in Las Vegas, he immediately locks on to her. 

Jordan Callahan owns a thriving clothing boutique, but her love life is far less successful. Her luck changes when six feet, two inches of sexy swagger asks her to dance and turns her world upside down.

One scorching weekend becomes an undeniable chemistry that they can’t leave in Vegas. But the long distance relationship and their different lives threaten to ground their romance. And when the dangers of Noah’s job become all too real, Jordan learns being with a fighter pilot means risking it all for a shot at love…




My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5 Chupacabra stars


I don't even know where to begin to express how much I loved this book! Fly with me is going to stay with me for a long time. It's definitely one of my top fav' read this year! Where was I when the book was released? Why my friends didn't tell me this one was so good?

description

I'm so grateful the author contacted me to review her next book Into the Blue and that I accepted to review this one first. She can now count on one more fan to follow her books. She has a way to capture your attention from the start. I had to study for an exam but I couldn't put the book down if I wanted.

The book takes place in the military field. Noah is a F-16 fighter pilot and his whole life he had to favor his job instead of his private life. Being 33, he wants to meet someone but he also knows what kind of sacrifice a woman should be doing to be with him.

Jordan is in Vegas for her sister's bachelorette party. Still single, she doesn't expect to meet a beautiful man such as Noah. And learning what he does for a living might be a challenge she needs to decide on pursuing.

So now you have the background. Let me tell you my feelings:

description

With the easy laid back and funny beginning of the book, I wasn't expecting to feel so much and so fast. I wasn't expecting the words to touch me so deep. I wasn't expecting to connect so much to a bunch of fighter pilots.

The book focus on Noah and Jordan but several events introduced me deeply with many characters. I can't say how much I need Easy's books asap! I know Thor is next but damn I'm dying for Easy. I'm already anticipating a lot of cry and hurt.

I've learned while reading that Chanel Cleeton's husband is a fighter pilot and it shows. Every word, every difficulty felt real. There are so many interesting details on how living in a military environment is complicated, how much sacrifice you need to make. Getting Noah + Jordan's pov was heart-breaking. There's a quote that says it all:

"You’ll have to be strong for him. Stronger than you think you can be. Because at the end of the day, his mind can’t be on a fight you had that morning or on whatever problems you might be dealing with at home. It has to be on the mission. On coming home safely. Because in their line of work the smallest mistake can be the difference between life and death."

This book was also some kind of a revelation to me. I said in the beginning that I was going to keep it with me for a long time because it showed me a realistic view on how working and leaving with a military man can be. In Belgium our patriotism is not as develop as in the US. But I was hooked with Fly with me.
You don't see it at first but the story was such an emotional read. One where decisions need to be made. One where chances need to be taken.

Jordan was such a strong character and I was 100% with her with the questions she had. Noah was as supportive as he can be. As a person I'm not sure I could have handle half what Jordan has. The book is so humbling that way.

I want to say that if you have this book waiting on your kindle, move it up and read this asap! I promise you won't be disappointed. And if you haven't already bought the book, than don't wait anymore. This is your next favorite book waiting for you.


“I don’t ever want to lose you,” he whispered. “Me, either.”“Promise me we’ll find a way to make this work.”“I promise.”


description

~Arc provided by the author in exchange of an honest review ~


No comments