Review: Say you'll stay by Corinne Michaels

description
One word. 

Stay. 

It was all he had to do. Instead, he got on that bus and took my heart with him. 

That was seventeen years ago. 

I moved on. Marriage. Kids. White picket fence. Everything I ever wanted, but my husband betrayed me and I was left once again. 

Alone, penniless, and with two boys, I had no choice but to return to Tennessee. He wasn’t supposed to be there. I should’ve been safe. However, fate has a way of stepping in. 

This time around, the tables are turned. It’s my decision. Second chances do exist, but I don’t know if we can repair what’s already been broken . . . 

 ** This is a STANDALONE **




My rating: 5 of 5 stars
4.5 Second Chance Stars


He breaks me apart. He puts me together. He's my poison. And my antidote.

Gahhh I love second chance romances I think they're one of my absolute favourite genres, they get me every time. But I have to say this has hands down got to be one of favourites to date. So I'll be sure to definitely read Corinne's books again as this is a first for me where it comes to Corinne's writing. But wow I just loved how she grabbed hold of my heart and pulled me in.

Presley is from a small town, the ranch lifestyle. Everyone knows her and her family and as a young woman she wanted it away from her life. She wanted the world, I can kind of relate to that I'm from a very little village where everyone knows one another and it can get claustrophobic. She left, lived, got married, had children and to her, her life was blessed in the best way. Yet everything changes and her world collapses around her meaning she has to pack her things up, take her boys and move back home to live with her parents. Emotional you say? Yup you got it...


Let me tell you that first 10% is heartbreaking in the biggest way, I cried like a baby. I was there right with her and felt every tear and anxious moment that was written on those pages. Corinne set up the story right there, and as a reader I was excited to see how this story unfolded. So let me tell you it was a beautiful and heartwarming read as the story progressed I ahhed, smiled and cried with her. Kind of saw where she was and what she had to do to get that happy butterfly feeling we get by just living and breathing every damn day.

So back to the present.

Zach was Pres's first love and at the time broke her heart previously. She DID NOT expect to see him back home living in the town they both ran from in the beginning. So there are hurdles to cross, that said this man was patient, sexy and a real gentleman and perfect for for Presley. She might have been hurting yet she still found a way to live in the end for her boys. There's something to be said about living and breathing the country air. To be with a community and a family that know everything that you both live and just want you to be happy. I live in a town where I'm actuality away from my family and closest of friends, people think they know you.. THEY DON'T that doesn't matter for me, I have my own family but what I'm saying here when I read this, it was a butterfly mix of emotions. I loved reading about fun times, about brothers, about family, about romance and about two people who were destined to be together.


It was a perfect weekend read for me, and I highly recommend it if you love this genre just like me. You will FEEL in this book. But you will also laugh and enjoy the hell out of it.

Enjoy guys <3 br="" style="text-align: start;">

<3 br="">

No comments