Review: So much more by Kim Holden

description
Love is strange. It comes out of nowhere. There’s no logic to it. It’s not methodical. It’s not scientific. It’s pure emotion and passion. And emotion and passion can be dangerous because they fuel love…and hate. 


I’m now a reluctant connoisseur of both—an expert through immersion. I know them intimately. 

When I fell in love with Miranda, it was swift and blind. She was the person I’d elevated to mythical status in my head, in my dreams. 

Here’s the thing about dreams, they’re smoke. 

They’re spun as thoughts until they become something we think we want. Something we think we need. 
That was Miranda. She was smoke. 

I thought I wanted her. I thought I needed her. 

Over time reality crept in and slowly dissected and disemboweled my dreams like a predator, leaving behind a rotting carcass. 

Reality can be a fierce bitch. 
So can Miranda. 
And I can be a fool... who believes in dreams. 
And people.
And love. 

Note from the author: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is recommended for mature audiences only. 



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5++++ Beautiful Stars


I want that someday, bone-jarring beautiful

I met this author at the weekend, her name is Kim she's one of the most beautiful, caring and loving human beings I've ever met. I mean her soul is just so so GIVING! How do I know this? I've read her books and yes I've now read three and so she will always always be a go to author for me, this girl can write. She has a way to grab you, pull you in and take ahold of your heart.. So instead of reviewing this the normal way per-se I'm going to write Kim a letter from me and explain how and why the characters in this story touched my heart..



So in no further ado..

Dearest Kim,

Thank you so very much for giving us Seamus, he touched me in more ways that one. Because he is a dad, he saw his children as the most important people In his life. He was a creature of comfort and you know what I am a creature of comfort. I have three children, I know what it's like to fight for my kids every damn day. What it's like to comfort them, read them stories and all in all put them before anything else.. Seamsus gah is alllll that HE IS LOVE. He has MS and he is an independent strong man, he knew his own body, he wasn't his illness he was HIM I'll forever love his character. He was truly the sole of the story for me.

Miranda, how Kim how can kind, sweet, soul deep Kim write a character that's built on HATE, come from you?? LMAO! Anyhoo this story is a tad complicated in a way that is about a wife who soon becomes an Ex- a well deserved -Ex! Let me tell you I don't mind annoying heroines most of the time. That said here, here Miranda pushes ALLLLL my buttons I was stomping, and wanted to throw my kindle at points.. I was like OMG get out get out of my kindle hahaha yet unbelievably YOU KIM found a way for me to feel for her, I felt for the BITCH. I felt something and I felt sorry for her, so yep mastermind comes to mind here, no no genius.. But if you haven't read this know, she is A character I Love to hate.


And then there's Faith..
The most beautiful, Exquisite woman and if you've read Brightside then this is another version of Kate in my opinion. Not in a bad morbid way but in a giving loving way. She gave, she was a humble character that gave herself to others and put herself last. She taught others how to love and how to hug.. #FreeHugs

And lastly the kids, what this story balls down to is love and them. And the children, I love books on children and this one sure is on the top line. They are adorable, loving and above all a unit.


If your scared to read Brightside then I'd highly recommend this one.. Kim's writing is just something else. She knows how to make her characters shine, she knows how to write about people. And she knows how to write love. She writes the most beautiful quotes that I highlighted all over the shop and I'll definitely continue to cherish and read her work in the future.

This is so much more, so much more than love, so much more than people, so much more than words. It's just so much more.

Thank you Xoxo



No comments