Throwback Thursday: Affairytale by C.J. English


description
I had an affair. The most forbidden and seductive affair, and fell in Love.


He was a rare gentleman, intelligent and gorgeous; a man every woman desired. Every cell in my body was telling me that he was my happily ever after.

I was stuck in a marriage of mediocrity, I ached for red silk romance and carry me away passion, but not with my husband. I craved Him. 

Living without him was cruel and unusual punishment, even for my wandering heart. 

Affairytale is a tantalizing memoir of sultry encounters, hidden grottos and secret hillside cabins. From the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes to the Southern shores of Maui you’ll fall in love with this tell-all memoir that pulls back the veil on infidelity and gives you rare look into hearts and bedroom of a real life extramarital affair. 

Woven with original love letters and scandalous text messages, this engrossing true love story is sure to break then win your heart. 

True Love always finds a way. 
Sometimes...it starts with an affair.





My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Consuming gripping yet Beautiful stars*****

First of all I just want to say how awed I am by this author not only because this is her first book but because she has given us something special she's put her heart and soul into this book. This isn't a fiction Novel it's A.Memoir, it's her life it's her experience its raw, intense and had me gripped at the edge of my seat and reading at all hours to see where it was going and how frankly she became who she is today.



This is C.J and Grants story and although it is an Affair (for me) it didn't feel wrong nor much of an affair as I connected to both and saw C.J's struggles at the beginning, it didn't phase me if your worried about Angst I really honesty don't think you need to worry here again just My point of view.


What's it about
Don't when young want love? we want to feel cherished, savoured and loved. We want to find that special person yet you can rush into something which isn't right because you want a family and you want to be happy, sometimes those aspects make us miserable.

C.J was young and she wanted to find the one except she wanted to do what was right in turn she ended up with someone that took a lot of work again love isn't always easy it takes time and work and as a woman I think we can do what we think is right for the people around us therefore C.J settled with someone she wasn't necessarily in love with but just liked. 

I sympathised.

Except as time went by she knew she wasn't happy.


This spans of a period of time where she fell for the man of her dreams and when she caught sight of Grant she knew he was meant to be hers. Ultimately this is a story about how they met, how they fell and how they became each others Forevers.


What I enjoyed and immersed myself in was how natural and real this story was, how you can find something you find yourself in well it was like that for me. It can't be easy to tell the world your secrets and how you felt through periods of hate, resentment and heartbreak yet she did C.J poured her heart and soul into her life and shared it with us honestly I had tears with just that, she really is a special lady for that.

Love shouldn't be hard though even though at times you have to work at it, it shouldn't be hard that person is the person you call in the day that person is the person you reach out to when your down and that person is the one you should trust and let in 110% and C.J knew it wasn't right with her 'currant' husband she knew she struggled and they she hoped for more she hoped for a future she wanted love, everyone should have that chance. We don't want to be alone it's scary and it's not nice I can also sympathize with that, it's a very lonely world when your husband is the one person you can't talk to and speak your honest mind.


Our loves should be the one person that pushes us to do what we want to do, they should just support your decisions to become and be happy. Grant was that for C.J this was their story and how that came about, I can't express enough how inspiring both C.J and Grant are they inspired me to take courage and make things happen in our life if we so choose to. It wasn't just a love story but a story about making the right choices and not to always do what she think is right. The thing is, doing what's right isn't always right for you that's something I've learnt over time and this read made me love how courageous C.J was by doing what's right for her, to do what made her happy and quench the choice she ran with.


Above all this was a delight to read, it was heaven and it was joy. I could connect to the author and her love and I could understand her, she spoke to my heart on so many levels. It was so normal and Real. Her writing is so poetic honest and as a debut author it was detailed in the most easiest way possible.


A little bit about me
I'm just going to express a little bit about me, I think that most readers can relate to some aspect of this story the first few years of my marriage were hard and I laughed when C.J wanted to murder her husband I could see myself in that scenario at times (Alls good now) but it took a little time at the beginning, I have come from a step family and my husband was married before I came along. So I suppose for me I was able to connect on a deep level to the FairyTale that it was. Love should be easy and this book was just that. I applaud C.J for giving us her and Grant.



Give it a chance you won't regret it!!!

A big thank you to Allison for encouraging me to read it...




No comments