Blog Tour + Review: Perfect Rage by Nashoda Rose

perfectragebanner


Book Title: Perfect Rage (Unyielding, #3) 
Author: Nashoda Rose 
Genre: Romance 
Release Date: July 26th 

descriptionThis is Connor's story.

Unstable.
Unpredictable.
Consumed by perfect rage.
I was fighting who I’d become and what I’d done.

There was nothing I cared about except her.
She was mine.
But I’d forgotten her—my shutterbug.
And I lost her.

Until now.

I’d do anything to possess her again.
Anything to keep her safe.
Protect her against my biggest opponent.
The monster.
Me.

 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5 Shutterbug STARS

I discovered Nashoda Rose with this series, and from the first book,Perfect Chaos, I wanted Connor’s story. I knew it’d be dark, tortured and broken but damn, Nashoda exceeded all my expectations.

This was a beautifully broken love story with such anguish, torment and healing. While Connor was dark and damaged, his intense innate nature to protector and love was still alive, although buried deep within him.

 photo Depositphotos_25122039_m-2015_zpsbnd4mbpk.jpg

Catalina "Alina" Diaz was a fantastic heroine. Her fierce strength, loyalty and patience were all that Connor needed. There was no doubt why they were perfect for each other. And even when things were at their darkest, their love still shone through.
“She was now my addiction. My craving. My need.”

This story is told both before and after Connor's disappearance. I loved getting to see Connor before his nightmare, especially his time with Alina. It made all that he went through all the more heartbreaking.
“His kiss was starved, unforgiving and cruel like what we’d both been dealt in life. But it was real. It was him and within the bruising kiss, it was beauty.”

This was a beautifully heart wrenching love story with all the angst, feels and hope you'd want in a tale about walking through hell and coming out the other side.

**ARC generously provided by author in exchange for an honest review.**

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5 – 11528 - stars

"Demons. Shadows. I fought them all until I couldn’t anymore."

I can't believe I've just finished reading Connor's story. It's been so long since I wanted to know him, wanted to know what happened to him. Ever since book 1 and of course after the events in book 2 I was a goner.

As you can guess, this is not a book meant to be read as a stand-alone. They are far too many details in the previous books to fully comprehend who Connor is now. You won't enjoy the book the same way, you won't have the same anticipation, the same need to read Perfect Rage if you start with this one. And do I really have to tell you, you need to read all Nashoda Rose's books? There are ALL worth it. She never disappoints, she always deliver a story that comes from the heart. It's even more real with Perfect Rage. The amount of feels there are in it is absolutely exquisite. My heart swelled for Alina and Connor, for their pain and for their love.

" Our link to one another was unbreakable by time, by cruelty, by drugs, or even by death."

description

I didn't know what to expect when I started reading but NR gave us a glimpse from the past, from who Connor was. It was heart breaking already because I knew he couldn't be himself anymore. After what he experienced, he couldn't be the cocky and joyful guy he was.

The way he fell in love with Alina was lovely and sweet. Connor is a protective person who would do anything to preserve people he loves. Even after the years of separation, and even if his head is not in the right place, he can't stop thinking about the woman he loves more than anything. He needs to be around her no matter what but he simply can't trust himself.


“I’m lost, baby. I’m so fuckin’ lost and you’re the only one to keep me from disintegrating.” He lowered his head, lips a breath away from me as he murmured, “I can’t ever lose you again.”“I’m here, Connor,” I whispered. “I’m right here.”


Alina might be my favorite female characters in NR books so far. She is a determined woman who won't give up without a fight. She is first a woman who put the people she loves first and would do anything to protect them. Connor and her share so much characters traits, you see right away why these two are meant to be together. Alina would do anything to make Connor feel better. She is brave, companionate and loyal to the man she loves.

description

I've read this in less than 24 hours because I was too enthralled in their story. There are no parts I didn't like. I loved the bad and the beautiful; I loved the hard and the sweet; I loved the battle and the peace. I loved how both would do anything to be a part in each other life even if life is no as simple as it's for others.


“We’re going to be okay, aren’t we?”“Yeah. Not perfect. Not the same. But yeah.”“I don’t want perfect or the same. I just want us and whoever we are now,”.


I don't know if the Unyielding series is over but I know I want to more book within the same sphere.
Vic was intriguing, always with a dark edge, not knowing what he thinks. I'm also curious about Tyler, always have since Perfect Chaos. He's not there much in the book but just the mention of his name makes me curious.
And we are introduced to Kite's brother (Tear Asunder series), Deaglan in here. I wouldn't mind to get to know him. Do I have to mention he is a manwhore to get you attention? Nope? That's what I thought ;)

~Arc provided by the author in exchange of an honest review ~



   
teasers

Portrait of sexual woman, bent in bed

Portrait of sexual woman, bent in bed

Portrait of sexual woman, bent in bed

brim

Nashoda Rose is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Toronto with her assortment of pets. She writes contemporary romance with a splash of darkness, or maybe it’s a tidal wave.

When she isn't writing, she can be found sitting in a field reading with her dogs at her side while her horses graze nearby. She loves interacting with her readers and chatting about her addiction—books.


websitenewsletter signuptwitterFacebookyou tubepinterestinstagramGoogleGoodreads

No comments