Review: Anything but Minor by Kate Stewart


description
“She’s a nerd.” 
“Heyyyy!”
 “Okay, she’s a flight instructor.”
 “Better.”
 “He’s a ballplayer.”
 “The best that ever was.”
 “Technically, you aren’t according to MLB stats.” 
“See? Total nerd. She also has no filter.”
 “He’s no southern gentlemen.”
 “I had one last season to prove my worth.”
 “I’d never seen a game.” 
“He told me he was a player.”
“She told me she was a lesbian.” 
“But you fell in love with me anyway.” 
“Yeah, baby, I totally did.”








My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5 “We were never meant to be friends.” STARS

This book is a Grand Slam! Bases fully loaded, batter up knocks it out of the park, home run!! **Crowd Goes Wild**!!!! Kate Stewart is a fav-author, a go-to, and when I heard she was writing a Sports Romance/RomCom, I could not wait!! Boy, did she deliver!!


This was nostalgic, reliving my youth, as I’m a huge John Hughes fan. Kate dedicates this book to him [and Patty – yay!]. I grew up on his teen movies. The film references alone make this a hit, but barely scratches the surface of all the awesomeness of this book!


Alice Blake is a pilot and flight instructor, Queen of Google (you have to read the book to get it) and a nerd with a quest to take life by the horns. She lives a repressed, sheltered life back in Ohio and is now embarking on a new journey with a new home and new job in Charleston.


This is where she meets Rafe ‘Bullet’ Hembrey, minor league pitcher, team star, and all around hottie. This is Rafe’s year –hopefully being called up to the major league. Baseball in Rafe's blood and making the major league is THE dream.


When he meets Alice, she certainly gets his attention but he’s not looking for serious. He wants to fuck her. He doesn’t have time for a relationship, his career comes first. Alice can't deny the attraction to Rafe and if she's honest, she wants more but she also doesn't want her heart broken. The two embark on a friendship that grows into…well, you get the picture.


Rafe is a magnificent hero. Let’s see, he’s a sexy athlete, cocky, funny and got heart. What more could you ask for? And Alice is simply irresistible. I just got Alice. She was funny, lovable and oh so adorable.

“I’m not sure what you want me to think of you, Rafe.”“I’m pretty sure I just want you to think of me, Alice.”


"Best day of my life."

This book had EVERYTHING I love in an awesome read! Laughs, the squees and the swoons, sweetness, angst, a connection to both characters and the story. If you haven’t experience Kate Stewart yet, what are you waiting for?! This is a must read.


**ARC generously provided by author in exchange for an honest review.**

Kate

A native of Dallas, Kate Stewart now resides in beautiful Charleston, S.C. She lives with her husband of 9 years, Nick, and her naughty beagle, Sadie.

Kate moved to Charleston three weeks after her first visit, dropping her career of 8 years, and declaring the city her creative muse. Since the move in 2010, Kate has written and published four novels including Room 212, Never Me, Loving the White Liar and The Fall.

Kate writes messy, sexy, angst filled romance books with 'hard to get' happy endings because it's what she loves as a reader. She has a scary addiction to chocolate milk and a deep love for rap music specifically the genius known as Marshall Mathers.

In addition to her addiction to romance, Kate also lets her alter ego take over on occasion and writes erotic suspense under the pen Angelica Chase.

Check out Kate's works as Angelica

No comments