Review: A Bloody Kingdom by J.J. McAvoy

descriptionIt has been eight years since the Callahans defeated Avian Doers and conquered Chicago. Melody is now the Governor and public face of the family, while Liam rises as the Ceann na Conairte of both the Irish and Italians.

Their reach is limitless; their power endless...but is it possible to have too much power? Can Liam and Melody raise a family, a city, and an empire?

Only a fool would try to stop them now....





My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Popopopopopopo J.J. What have you done!?? OMG I don't even know where to start with my review!! I wanted to rip everything. I was a mess, I was already writing you a letter in mind to say how devastated I was and then BAM.



A bloody Kingdom was just the book I wanted. It has everything a fan of this series will want and need! You have to read the first three books to read this one, this is most certainly not a stand-alone.

This is Mel & Liam or Liam&Mel's story – I don't know which side I love the most – years after their "HEA"

Before I start to read this book, I re-read all my reviews to remind me how I enjoyed their story – not that I needed a real reminder but I wanted to remember how I felt when reading and if there's something in common, it's most certainly the mind blowing effect! This series goes in every direction and you won't see what's coming! There are so many twists and turns, your head will be spinning. And in true ruthless style, a Bloody Kindgom might be the worse. But not in a bad way, hell no - In a delicious and perfect way.

All fans of the Ruthless series will be over the moon to get back to Melody & Liam. Their love for each other, their love for their children, and their love for their family is unrivalled. Their strength is to be together no matter what but it's also their weakness. Even if enemies know better to attack them doesn't mean there are no idiots who wants to try.


“If anything comes against us, we will do what we have always done”“Fight?”“Win”
I was so glad to see that after so many years and after three kids the dynamic between Liam & Melody hasn't changed one bit. They must now deal between being a parent and dealing with the outside world. Being bosses of the Irish and Italian mob paired with the role of governor is most definitely not easy. They have their doubts, their needs, their duties but most of all they have to try to find a perfect balance between being ruthless and being normal.

description

As usually, you'll have several points of views and as usually they are there for a good reason. Each point of view was enjoyable because you have the feeling you belong with this family. You want to know if there are in a good place. You want to know how they evolved and most of all, you want to witness their happiness with their children.

If you haven't started this series, I can't recommend you enough to do it asap!! If you love action, passion, if you are in search of a unique and epic saga stop right there and look no further, the Ruthless People series is for you.

Thank you J.J for writing such a beautiful and much needed fourth book. I'm still sad to let them all go and I'll always want more when it comes to the Callahan family but I'm happy with how things end.

description

~ARC provided by the author in exchange of an honest review 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5+++ “Let’s flush out the rats.” STARS

Bloody Hell! This was one wildly intense ride. Basically, I felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest, tied to the end of a Nascar and then dragged around the racetrack at a gazillion miles an hour! And that was before the last quarter of the book. Then, fucking forget about it, all bets were off, I was done for!!


Liam and Melody are truly one dynamite couple. These two are always over the top, beyond ruthless and bloody and I loved every minute of it.


“You are the master of me. My mind, my body, my heart.”


“You are mine, Liam. You belong to me. Your face, your body, your heart, your soul, you sold it to me and I sold mine to you. So if I die, you die. If you die, I die. As long as there is air in lungs, there is air in mine.”


In this one, we get the POVs of all the Callahan/Giovanni clan including their children. It's the culmination of the fight, the blood, the power and the love of family. Because let's face, the mafia is a family affair.

“The city was going to be dripping with blood and tears by the time he was done.”


JJ does a brilliant job of sucking you into the world of murder and mayhem. She’s ruthless in her delivery and passionate in her character creation and development. Giving us unforgettable characters with heart wrenching and heartwarming action,drama and good ol' fashion mob shit! There were also moments that were tender and sweet, others that were bloodcurdling and then some that were pure anguish!!


And on top of all that, she also gives us a few (actually more than a few if you look at this series in its entirety) characters that you love to hate. So much so, as the story unfolds, she has you guessing and wishing, waiting breathlessly for their demise.

"There is no expiration date on vengeance. It doesn’t just last a lifetime, it spans generations.”


I’m not sure if this is it for JJ’s journey with these characters, Liam and Mel are one of my all-time fav couples, but if at any point she wants to give us a story about Ethan, Wyatt and Dona, I’d pledge my oath to the Ceann na Conairte and the mob!


I so want to say so much more but I simply can’t. I fear giving anything away. If you are Liam and Melody fan…seriously, how could you not be? Then you MUST READ this!! 

**ARC generously provided by author in exchange for honest review.**

No comments