Review: Moonshot by Alessandra Torre

MOONSHOT_2x6_bookmark-BACK.jpg

description
Baseball isn’t supposed to be a game of life and death… 


The summer that Chase Stern entered my life, I was seventeen. The daughter of a legend, the Yankees were my family, their stadium my home, their dugout my workplace. My focus was on the game. Chase... he started out as a distraction. A distraction with sex appeal poured into every inch of his six foot frame. A distraction who played like a god and partied like a devil.

I tried to stay away. I couldn’t. 

Then, the team started losing. Women started dying. And everything in my world broke apart.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
4.5 Spikes First STARS

I’m a big AR Torre fan and when I first heard about this book, I couldn’t wait. I didn’t read the blurb, truthfully, it was Alessandra and baseball – duh! I didn’t need to know anymore.


I’m glad I went in blind. I was taken by surprised in the beginning. My silly preconceived notions of things had me doing a double take and then smiling as we’re introduced to the heroine of this tale, Ty Rollins. I won't say anymore than Ty was a great heroine even when she was messing up.


Chase Stern is a baseball god and one helluva sexy man. At first I was wary of him, let’s face it, he was a player (double entendre intended) but he soon won me over. His brief POVs were deep, insightful and perfect!

I was sucked in and read this book, practically in one sitting. It was sexy, intense, angst filled and consuming. This is not your usual sports romance and that’s what I liked the most about it. There was a mystery/suspense slant to the story, just another layer not the focal point, which I could have taken or left. While it worked and I soon figured out why it was part of the tale, it didn’t hook me. What did was Ty and Chase. Their second chance, once in a lifetime love story with the love of the game, the player, the field interwoven into the tale. It was so well done.

"I want every second we missed and a million more. And I'll give away the world to get it."


The turmoil, the mistakes on both sides and the angst. Oh the angst. It was not over the top but just the right amount of tension to have me clutching my chest, having to read on and hoping for the best.


Alessandra delivers another homerun, a true moonshot.


Masterfully written, a heartbreaking and beautifully poignantly tale of a love for the ages that’s not perfect but rather flawed and human but oh so right!

**ARC generously provided by Alessandra Torre in exchange for an honest review.**


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mark my word Chase Stern is your next book boyfriend! Alessandra Torre wrote once more a fantastic intense story filled with tension, angst, determination, passion but mostly with love!

Build around baseball, don't be too scared if you don't really know the game. If anything the book will give you the urge to watch some videos.

"Baseball shouldn’t be life or death. Baseball shouldn’t determine fates."

Tyler Rollins always had two constant in her life: her dad and baseball more specifically The Yankees Team. She breathes baseball, she lives for the game. Her father being the team's coach gives her the possibility to live her passion fully. Players are her family until one guy change it all.

Chase Stern is known for his bad boy attitude. That's how he lands with the Yankees. But one look at a seventeen years old girl and everything changes for him.

description

The forbidden aspect was captivating. Everything keeps them apart but their love is strong. Their connection is growing fast, but with lot of respect and lots of preservation.
One moment will once more change the course of their lives. But you know when love is meant to be nothing could stop it.

"Certain loves can’t be fought. The harder you tried, the harder you would be knocked back, over and over again, until it beat you into submission, until your heart caved and body surrendered. Love like that didn’t know the rules of society; it didn’t care about life mistakes. It only knew what must be, and what would happen—no matter what"

All books by AT are different and it's what I loved about her. She is always so invested in her books and it shows one more time. This is not only a love story but also a story about the love of sport, about the Yankees. There are so many layers you won't see coming that adds to the beauty of Chase & Ty story.

"There was right, there was wrong, and there was love. And love trumped it all"

~ARC received in exchange of an honest review ~

cooltext137834354306724

Moonshot Teaser 2
Moonshot Teaser 5
***

✿༻ GOODREADS GIVEAWAY ༺✿*

Open to US, CA & GB

Head over to Goodreads to enter for the chance to win a 1 of 2 signed copies of Moonshot by Alessandra Torre. Giveaways end on July 8th. Sign up for your chance to win today! 

***

cooltext137834424080544

Author Photo

Alessandra Torre is an award-winning New York Times bestselling author of thirteen novels. Her books focus on romance and suspense, all with a strong undercurrent of sexuality. Torre has been featured in such publications as Elle and Elle UK, co-hosted Dirty Sexy Funny with Jenny McCarthy, as well as guest blogged for the Huffington Post and RT Book Reviews. She is also the Bedroom Blogger for Cosmopolitan.com.

You can learn more about Alessandra on her website at www.alessandratorre.com, or you can find her on Twitter (@ReadAlessandra) or Facebook.

cooltext137834450037136
baseball_website baseball_facebookbaseball_twitterbaseball_instagrambaseball_google+baseball_goodreadsbaseball_amazonbaseball_you tube

Hit a home run by subscribing to Alessandra's NEWSLETTER today!

baseball_newsletter

No comments