Throwback Thursday : Monsters in the Dark series by Pepper Winters


description
“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect. Then it all changed. I was sold.”

Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility.

For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world. 

But lusty paradise is shattered. 

Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror. 

Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold. 

Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever? 

A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Delicious, engaging and gripping stars*****

 photo 30A194BB-1556-4E9A-8487-471A151EC6E5_zpsylfgxdrs.jpg


Eeek I fell in love with this book, I fell in love with this journey but above all I fell hook line and sinker with these Characters, Q and Tess's story is passionate and yet beautiful at the same time.

To me this was a story about finding the depths of our inner selves or mainly Tess's inner self and how both Tess and Q found and are still finding themselves, am I making any sense?


Let me explain

Tess was made into a family that didn't want her, nor loved her this to me is unfathomable but yes there were no feelings lost here, therefore she is feeling lost and not really feeling like she has a place in the world so ends up with lovable Brax, Tess is studying architecture at university and Brax works hard they have this small little world that they've built together all that equals to CONTENT but sometimes we don't want content do we? And because they're busy and Brax is a very much missionary, simple, naïve and a BORING male (I had a few issues with Brax to be honest but I digress) above all Tess is seeking more so they go on holiday its planned by Brax and Tess is wanting to rekindle there relationship and there's something inside her that NEEDS something extra, sexually something darker. So off they go to the unknown and to find themselves again.



Mexico is where they end up and that leaves them in a vulnerable position, Brax made me cross here I just found him to be selfish wanting what he wanted to do and here we now have Tess getting into the world of slavery, being kidnapped and barcoded as a number She's been brought



Brax. My life. My happy, happy world dissolved and left me in hell.



"Accept that you are no longer whoever you were. You are to forget about your past 'cause you will never see it again."




Therefore she's scared but she's fighting and she will escape. She's been brought by our dashing sexy, arousing and intruiging Master Q he's French and now Tess becomes Esclave, this is where things turn up a notch and where Tess feels hopeless 'maybe' but most definitely is struck in awe by Q she is turned on by him, and there's just some serious wowza chemistry going on. What can I say he's like a magnet she doesn't want to feel the way she does but she most definitely does, but he's dangerous and hell I have a feeling this is just the start to getting DARKER.




Tess has always been seeking something extra, with her fantasies at night the way she wanted to be with Brax maybe it lies with her upbringing and feeling lonely. She is a strong cookie though if there was ever a heroine I enjoyed to read Tess would be it, She is Fierce and strong willed and most definitely a fighter. And that is what Q is likewise drawn to esclave' because Q has never had a Slave that he has wanted to keep, one that he wants to be equal to and this is just the start , I think things are about to turn sinister and on a level of Dark I'd say this is low key to be honest but there's that edge that kept me on the edge of my seat and kept me gripped to find out what's coming next.




so to sum up

This is a book about freedom in every sense of the word, seriously look deeper, there's something vulnerable and I absolutely found Pepper Winters writing to grab hold of my every feeling, I was cross, angry, annoyed, sad, upset, intrigued and gripped yes I've found a new favourite author to love.


Would I recommend it: Yes

Would I re-read it? eventually yes but I've got the rest of the series to read yet

Would I read anything else that this author writes? Yes yes and yes.




Onto the next....




And a big hugeee hug to my girl Daisy honestly you definitely need to team up with someone when reading this series as I found chatting to Daisy for me enabled me to express my feelings and hold my hand while or listen to my moans LOL girl your the best

  <3 br=""> photo hugginggif_zpsee1d1e49.gif


description
“All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted… screwed up to want something so deliciously dark—wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs do make a right." 


Tess is Q’s completely. Q is Tess’s irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their unconventional relationship, while Tess seeks vengeance on the men who sold her. Q made a blood-oath to deliver their corpses at Tess’s feet, and that’s just what he’ll do. 

He may be a monster, but he’s Tess’s monster. 

This is a story of eroticism, horror, and sweet tragedy. It contains graphic scenes, but there’s always light in the darkness.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
6 Dark stars******





Quick review as I'm running behind on my reads atm soooo I loved, I adored this one. I'm very much all in with both Q and Tess this one picks up a notch on the dark. I devoured it sat up at night read in the day read, read, read was hooked and felt every pain with them... OMG pick this series up just be warned you won't want to put it down.. 

And the writing oh the writing, intense, exquisite, beautiful.. enjoy 
<3 strong="">
<3 strong=""> photo 3DE8438D-A0F0-4660-A54B-0EED6F10870C_zps4jke4zyb.jpg

<3 strong="">AND A SMALL WARNING BUT THERE IS SOME DIFFICULT READING AT PARTS I LOVED IT, BUT I'M JUST WARNING YOU WHEN YOU READ THIS BE AWARE YOU MAY HAVE NO NAILS AT THE END..




description
“After battling through hell, I brought my esclave back from the brink of ruin. I sacrificed everything—my heart, my mind, my very desires to bring her back to life. And for a while, I thought it broke me, that I’d never be the same. But slowly the beast is growing bolder, and it’s finally time to show Tess how beautiful the dark can be.” 


Q gave everything to bring Tess back. In return, he expects nothing less. Tess may have leashed and tamed him, but he’s still a monster inside. 

After surviving the darkness, a new dawn has begun. Twisted Together wades through black to grey, chasing the light of true love to banish the shadows forever. 

Pain is a requirement, connection a necessity. But ultimately Q and Tess must face their demons, before they can embrace their future.





My rating: 5 of 5 stars



KT-This is been one of the most Raw and Intense stories I have EVER read, I have  adored Q and Tess's journey and I have felt completely mesmerised by their journey and as a series as a whole I would explain it as EPIC, but also it has a true depth and a real life lesson hidden in it. This really has brought to light how human trafficking does still exist and for that alone brought on so many emotions for that I applaud Pepper right Girl?



SO WHAT'S IT ABOUT
KT-As a start this was a much slower beginning for book 2, After Quinsentually Q a lot happened for Tess to need time to heal, Q does everything in his power to help Tess see the light again, what does he do? Their relationship is unconventional and in that I'd say he does what he needs to for his woman to breathe, to feel, to want pain again. I won't explain any more than that, but here in the this part of the story it is a very much of a therapeutic feel, healing, taking Q's time, and Q's love for Tess is something here that I will say is above all is BEAUTIFUL.


KT-Although this needs to happen, We did struggle at times to get past this part, I'm only saying this as IT IS WORTH the wait once you get past the first half, I very much felt like it was a slower and tranquil read.

....I'd struggled the entire four hour journey with a massive hard-on LOL Aint' he darling....

Ain't he just?


As the story goes on, Tess becomes herself again she becomes stronger, Braver and ultimately the woman Q needs by his side.

There were moments where I wanted to kick Tess but I guess she kinda redeemed herself for Q!

They become Forever's for each other, but Q had to protect Tess in Quissentually Q and to do that he now has people on the hunt, secrets to uncover and this time Tess has to fight for her man. She becomes the strength, she becomes the one Q needs..... She is Tess and she is Q's Esclave



Two options: Live or die. Survive or give-up

Thoughts
I will forever have Q and Tess in my thoughts, this to me was a brilliant Final book to end this PHENOMENAL series, there relationship is not conventional, its raw (the Sex was always primal), and its at times Intense. It provoked many emotions I was at the edge of my seat with Worry for Tess, with Q but I will say in Twisted Together what spoke loud and clear was Q's love for Tess and his devotion for his Eclave' He never went out intentionally to fall in love with a slave he wanted to save but in that he ended up saving himself, he saved his soul and Tess helped him to deal with his own Demons and his Monster in the Dark.



"You accept me for me. Darkness and all. Sin and everything. You are my equal. My teacher. I am your disciple. I am your owner. I couldn't be more in love with you if I had two hearts instead of one. My life is yours. My soul is yours. I vow to always comfort you. Always protect you. I will cry with you. I will laugh with you. I will hold you every night of our lives.





No comments