Review: Burn Down the Night by M.O'Keefe

description
A battle for control turns explosive as a beautiful con woman takes a bad-boy biker hostage in this edgy, seductive novel set in the world of Everything I Left Unsaid (“Toe-curlingly sensual.”—Katy Evans) and The Truth About Him (“Absolutely one-click worthy”—J. Kenner). 

The only thing that matters to me is rescuing my sister from the drug-cooking cult that once enslaved us both. I’ve run cons my whole life, and I’ll use my body to get whatever I need. Max Daniels is the last connection I have to that world, the one person reckless enough to get involved. Besides, now that his brothers have turned on him, he needs me too. 

The deal was supposed to be simple: a place to hide in exchange for rescuing my sister. Now he’s my prisoner. Totally at my mercy. But I’m the one captivated. Enthralled. Doing everything he asks of me until I’m not sure who’s in control.

We both crave the heat. The more it hurts, the better. But what if Max wants a different life now, to leave the game . . . to love me? I thought I knew better than to get burned. Now I’m in too deep to pull away. And the crazy thing is . . . I don’t want to.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

OMG that was so freaking good! This was all kind of perfect. I knew Joan & Max story was going to be such an incredible journey.

If you've read the first two books in the series you already know both our MC. I would recommend to read them because you'll get the connection better even if the author does a great work by captivating the new reader right away.

I was personally sucked in after the first pages. I was taken back to events that happened in The Truth About Him and I got an explanation about what had happened.

"You and I have sex, get involved in that way . . . both of us burn. Both of us. We’ll tear each other apart until there’s nothing left to walk away from."

Joan is a woman on a mission to find her sister. She would stop at nothing. She's also hurt and all kind of mess up in her head. Not feeling worthy of anything. She's just alone in her life and won't trust anyone.

Max is a badass biker with a lot of enemies. He's also very lonely and tries to protect those around him the best way he can.

When these two meets in a strip club, they are attracted to each other. Their darkness and cracks are what pull them together but it takes an "attack" gone wrong to get them close. Joan "kidnapped" Max because she has no choice. She saves his life and brings him to the only place she thought never getting back to.


“I’m not going to go anywhere. I’m not leaving you to do this shit on your own. And I do not want you to worry about me.”“I already worry about you,” I confessed. “And someone should. You deserve that.”


This was a real slow build. Max &Joan have two different agendas. They have two different views on how their life should be. They are so different yet the same. Their relation is a balance of power. Who's going to win? Is there really something to win other than getting a chance in life at being happy?

Both of them try to resist their attraction as much as they can. I can't believe what I'm going to say but I think their fight against their sexual attraction was hotter than anything! It was delicious and arousing.

“I want you to touch yourself the way you like,” he said. “I want to see what gets you off. I don’t want a show, Joan. I don’t want to see what every guy who could pay the cover charge got to see. I want what you don’t show other people. I want to see you.”

description

Joan was a character I wanted to comfort most of the time. She has it all wrong but she doesn't know how to let someone in. Max is a little the same but he was more rational to me. He was ready to give a piece of himself.

“Stop teasing me,” I breathed.

“I’m not teasing you,” he said. “I’m making love to you.”

For those who are wondering about Max and Dylan, I'm just going to tell you this: You'll get yours answers. And you'll get more of these two. Maybe even a tear or two.

I can't recommend more to read this beautiful, intriguing and mesmerizing series.
Mrs O'Keefe, thank you for the ride, now I'll be waiting patiently for Blake's book

description

~Arc provided by the publisher in exchange of an honest review ~



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
4.5 BURNING STARS

This is the third book in Molly’s spellbinding dark world of drug dealers, bikers and all around bad guys. Where the other books were dark and dangerous, this book takes on a whole new edginess that turned up the heat. This story starts of with a bang and only gets darker, hotter and more intriguing as the story unfolds.


Joan (Olivia) is a seductive, smart woman. A born survivor who wears her persona of Joan, a hardass, bisexual, stripper, like a plate of armour.


She's on a mission to save her sister and nothing will stop her. Not even Max, a hot, badass MC president, will get in her way. Max has his own problems with his MC.


As things get out of control real fast, Joan kidnaps (kind of) Max. She’s got herself in a life or death situation and he might be the only one who can help her. He's her leverage or link to getting what she wants.


Max and Joan are survivors with near impenetrable cold as ice exteriors but a deep sense of family and a huge sense of responsibility of those they love. She won't accept help, let people in or let herself feel anything. She and Max have this fiercely intense connection, well before they find themselves stuck together. But it's this live wire of emotions that has them “Throwing hand grenades at each other.” She's determined to do this on her own, but Max refuses to let her go into the dark alone.


In some ways, this was a slow build (in the physical sense) between Max and Olivia, but the heat was real and scorching throughout with these two searing each other with razor-sharp words, incendiary looks...and when they do get together...


“You’ve got one speed, Joan. One setting. Annihilate. That’s it. Burn it all.”


While it could be read as a standalone, I’d recommend you read the other two books first, as you get glimpses at both Joan and Max that will add another dimension to this tumultuous tale.

Highly recommend this burning second lease on life story!!

~Arc provided by the publisher in exchange of an honest review ~

No comments