Review:Prisoned by Marni Mann



description
When I opened my eyes, I was in a cell, my body covered in bruises.
Not a jail. 
I’d been kidnapped and imprisoned. 
I wasn’t alone. I shared the cell with Garin Woods, the man I’d loved since I was a kid. 

The man I couldn’t be with because of the secret. 
A man who would kill me if he found out what that secret was. 
Someone wanted to torture me. 
Torture us. 
One of us deserved it.
It wasn’t Garin.  



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5 'The Heart' STARS

Wow! Dark reads are my indulgence. I just love the dark and dangerous and Marni just killed it!!! This was truly an emotional, psychological read and at times, deeply disturbing.
Kyle Lang has a nasty secret. Buried so deep and for fear of revealing it, she fled. Left her home, her future, as soon as she graduated high school. Leaving behind her best friends, Garin Woods and Billy. Three kids growing up in 'the heart', aka the projects of Atlantic City.

Kyle loved both of them. Differently but both as deeply. One as a brother, the other as her soul mate. Leaving killed Kyle. Keeping the secret was slowly eating away at her. With one phone call, she's called back to the Heart and to her heart, Garin Woods.
Their first encounter is tense, to say the least. So much is unspoken. Kyle left the boy she loved without a word or any explanation. Kyle and Garin's reunion isn't easy and while it's starts out promising, things take a turn for the worst. In fact, down right, dark, dangerous and vile. What ensues is not only a physical torture, but also pure emotional torture. I can't say anymore. I seriously want to, but you must experience it for yourself.
 photo Prisoned_zpszhevsoyy.jpg
Marni does a fantastic job of taking us down the rabbit hole. Talk about a mind fuck!
"I'm out of self-control. I've been trying real hard, but I want you so bad, it hurts. If I don't stop now, I'm going to take things much further, and you don't want that yet."
Kyle and Garin are intense. Both have deep feelings for each other. No matter time, the past or whatever else, they two are like two magnets compelled to each other. And the sex!! My Kindle was on fire!
"It was just you and me and endless darkness."

I highly recommend this book. Especially for those of you who love dark romances and suspense. This is a MUST READ!

Truly an emotional and psychological roller coaster. Marni, this was brilliant!


** ARC generously provided by Marni Mann in exchange for an honest review**

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Bestselling author Marni Mann knew she was going to be a writer since middle school. While other girls her age were daydreaming about teenage pop stars, Marni was fantasizing about penning her first novel. She crafts sexy, titillating stories that weave together her love of darkness, mystery, passion, and human emotions. A New Englander at heart, she now lives in Sarasota, Florida, with her husband and their two dogs, who have been characters in her books. When she’s not nose deep in her laptop, working on her next novel, she’s scouring for chocolate, sipping wine, traveling, or devouring fabulous books.


 


GIVEAWAY

No comments