Throwback Thursday : Hostile Takeover by Joey W.Hill


description
Ben is the last unattached member of the five-man executive team of K&A Associates. The other four, all Masters, have found the submissives of their dreams. That’s fine. The sharp-edged lawyer knows he’s the most hardcore of them all, with extreme tastes as a Master he satisfies physically through experienced club submissives. He doesn’t really need anything more.
Marcie has loved Ben since she was sixteen. He’s never behaved as anything more than a protective big brother, a family friend. But now she’s twenty-three and starting her career as a corporate investigator. She may be a blood-and-bone-deep submissive, but she won’t hesitate to use her aggressive talents to prove she’s meant to be his. With a Master as tough as Ben, she’ll have to take whatever measures are needed—even if her deepest desire isn’t a hostile takeover of his heart, but an unconditional surrender to it.





My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5 Very Special Million Stars********

Wow I've spent that past two weeks with this couple and read one-stop this past week, I've been engrossed by their qualities, their love and their story. I am in love with them but really this the kind of read where you will re-read it and re-read it again and again without getting bored. I am 100% sure I will be doing this at some point.


A LITTLE WARNING
If you have read Joeys books before then move onto my review for those who are new to Joeys writing then learn that she writes hard BDSM this is not for the light hearted, there are no boundaries it's RAW It's passionate but above all its beautiful, but fair warning this is no fifty shades.

Ok so What's it about?
Marcie has loved Ben since she was sixteen she's watched him as she grew into an adult, but now its her time to get what she wants and that is to have Ben as her Master. Marcie has know she is a submissive for a long time but she's only wanted one Master now she's of an age where she's independent and strong and her career is taking shape, the thing is Ben has been a family friend and therefore has seen Marcie grow up therefore Marcie needs to change Bens Mind set. Although Marcie is an IN deep 24/7 Submissive she is strong, she Is feisty, Independent and very much in control of her life not for one minute must you think that just because you are a submissive is because you are weak, I am a true believer in that all subs have strengths and being a sub is just a means to let go and let your loved one/Dom take control I am just in awe of anyone to lives like this and this was totally the beauty of the book.


Therefore Marcie is in control of what she wants and she wants Ben, so she's going to go after it and be courageous in the path she goes down to get there.


Ben is a Sexual Dominant, he's part of the knights of Boardroom Men that are Lawyers by day and exercise a way to play by night. Ben is a Sadist by all means he's Intense, Ruthless and works his submissive's hard, Ben has a tough exterior. But Ben has also had a hard upbringing and I suppose on my take on things that bad time in his life now has left him needing something that will get him away from his nightmares, being a Dom enables him to just think of the body and zone into nothing else.


Ben does not think he deserves his own sub his own to love so this is Marcie's job to push all his buttons be it right or wrong, too much maybe but those buttons get well and truly pushed.

My Thoughts
I adored their journey, I was very much into there story, there lifestyle while reading it and was completely mesmerised and wowed by them. One thing that I felt though reading this was their strength both of them maybe Marcie even more than Ben. Marcie is one Kick Ass heroine and she will be going into my favourite heroine pile, she is Sexy, works hard, plays hard, is talented in more ways than one and above all was the real deal for Ben, she really does have that edge needed for Bens certain 'NEEDS'.


Ben how I loved his hardness but also how my he melted my heart at the same time he is HARD is everyway but there is a lot of layers to his SOUL and it's Marcie's job to find them.....


"She has to get into Ben's soul. She didn't know how except like this, through utter surrender, something he'd won from countless women a hundred times before. Those women hadn't given him their heart when they were teenagers though. She had, and she'd never gotten it back. he still had it, whether he knew it or not. That made her different."


So above all this is one of those reads where I was so engrossed into THEM #asacouple that I will certainly be re-reading this in plentiful. What I enjoyed about Joeys writing is that I was in tears, happy, laughing, sad and aroused all in minutes she pulls you through the emotions. she also writes in third person and while I have found reading books like that previously hard to get into in these circumstances I have no problem with it, it was a matter of enjoying her writing style learning it and loving reading both sides of the story in different angles.
I loved the letters, phone calls and memories, the music, The moments and conversations with all the Men #Unity and spending time with the women #sensual #loving #special. All in all this was a 100% enjoyable and memorable reading experience.


I have also been given advice from Irene our dear Canarie Buddy to read this series 5,6 then 1,2,3 and 4 so I'm following this advice so thought I'd offer the same. Looking forward to reading the rest and learning more about all the Men.


Reading Order: Hostile Takeover (Knights of the Board Room, #5) by Joey W. Hill Willing Sacrifice (Knights of the Board Room, #6) by Joey W. Hill Board Resolution (Knights of the Board Room, #1) by Joey W. Hill Controlled Response (Knights of the Board Room, #2) by Joey W. Hill Honor Bound (Knights of the Board Room, #3) by Joey W. Hill Afterlife (Knights of the Board Room, #4) by Joey W. Hill



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5 “ALWAYS YOURS” STARS

This was my first Joey W. Hill book and what an incredibly delectable treat! Thanks to Irene for recommending I start with this one.

“Start every day with chocolate cake. That way, no matter what else happens, the day started with something perfect.”


description

I’ve read BDSM’s stories before but none of them come even close to Hostile Takeover. The title says it all, from the get-go I was invaded, captivated and bound (pun intended) by Ben O’Callahan and Marcie Moira’s story.

description

I’m tongue tied as to how to describe this without failing miserably. On the surface, the story of Ben and Marcie is about a dominant and submissive – a sadist and a masochist. And while I can’t begin to understand the intricacies and compulsion of such a relationship, this story is so much more than that. It’s a beautiful, raw, passionate love story of soul mates in a tug-o-war with their own demons and each other to accept their love for each other.

 photo hostiletakeover_zpsf66d66e0.jpg

Marcie has known from the minute she met Ben that he was her Master. The only one for her. Of course, Ben resists the idea that she was meant for him. His past and their age difference are excuses he uses to keep her away. Their courtship, even though Ben does not see it for what it is, is as exquisite as any memorable love story and is cultivated through years of friendship and letters: slowly tethering themselves to each other as they reveal their true desires, dark secrets and souls to one another.

 photo hostiletakeover3_zps30be5981.jpg

The writing is striking and the depth of not only the MCs but the other K&A D/s characters is rich and layered. I bonded with all of them and want to know more. Through Ms. Hill’s wonderfully crafted words, Ben and Marcie come alive so easily and so vibrantly. I could feel Marcie’s reckless determination, love and full submission, as well as Ben’s fierce dominance, darkness and fears with every word.


“First off, you have never, will never, let me down. All you have to be is yourself.” - Ben
“If my Master is lost,” she said, her voice shaking a little. “I’ll find him. I’ll lead him back to himself, because to serve doesn’t always mean to follow.” - Marcie
“I’m crazy fucking in love with you, Marcella Moira. God help you.” - Ben


While I certainly expected this to be a HOT, erotic read, I was so moved that I also cried at times. This surprised me but also comforted me in that this story touched me deeply. Ben O’Callahan is a force like no other and I absolutely loved that Marcie was a strong woman who knew what she wanted and went after it.

description

I'm looking forward to more from Ms. Hill!

No comments