Review: Denial by Lisa Renee Jones

description
Book one in the CARELESS WHISPERS series. This is a standalone spin-off of the INSIDE OUT series (soon to be a TV show) that follows Ella Ferguson, Sara McMillan's best friend.

Ella Ferguson awakes alone in Italy, unsure of who she is, and a gorgeous man has claimed her as his own. He’s tall, dark, and sexy, with money and power, the kind of man who makes a girl want to be possessed. And he does possess her, whispering wicked wonderful promises to her, stealing her trust and her heart. Soon though, the past finds her, yanking her from a cocoon of passion and safety. Everything is not how it seems. The truth will shatter her world, but it can set her free, if it doesn't destroy her first.




My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5 "everything or nothing" stars

I wanted to read Lise Renee Jones books for a long time. With the upcoming release of Behind close doors and Surrender I couldn't miss the opportunity to review her whole Careless Whisper series.

All I knew before starting Denial was that Ella wakes up in a hospital with memory losses and a beautiful man by her side. From there begin a story of putting the pieces together and connecting the dots trough flashbacks.

The author sure likes to lead her readers in all kind of direction, it's completely addictive and a page turner. Knowing if Ella's feelings can be trusted or if she has it all wrong.
Kayden, the beautiful guy by her side is all kind of mysterious, offering answers but not really. He was complex but fascinating. He claims he wants to protect her but is he really?

"What could be so bad that I’d rather leave myself behind than face it?"

I couldn't put the book down even if I wanted. The more I read , the more I needed answers. I know this series is a spin-off off Lisa Renee Jones Inside Out series but I think I'm good not reading it first. I have no idea who Ella is and her story. I was blind as she is and I discover her just as she is.

The attraction between Ella & Kayden is undeniable. While the dynamic between them is not new in books, it works perfectly with the suspense that follows this book. It's hot and I sure want much more.

“The minute you stepped into my room,” he murmurs, nibbling at my neck, “you became mine tonight. Mine to tease. Mine to please. Mine to fuck how I want.” His breath teases my ear. “Say it.” “Yes.”
“Mine to fuck how I want,”

You add all the different characters in the mix with a mystery that keep growing and you have an hypnotizing story. I'm jumping right way in Demand.

~ARC provided by the publisher in exchange of an honest review ~


No comments