Review: Furious Rush by S.C. Stephens

descriptionToo fast, too furious-and way too hot to handle . . .

Mackenzie Cox has a lot to prove. Daughter of a racing legend, she is eager to show the world that she has inherited her father's talent in the male-dominated sport of professional motorcycle racing. The last thing Kenzie needs is to be antagonized by her rival team's newest rider, Hayden Hayes. Plucked from the world of illegal street racing, Hayden immediately gets under Kenzie's skin. His insinuations that Kenzie is a spoiled princess who was handed her career fuels her desire to win, and much to her surprise, Kenzie soon learns she performs better when she's racing against Hayden.

As Kenzie and Hayden push each other on the track, the electric energy between them off the track shifts into an intense--and strictly forbidden--attraction. The only rule between their two ultra-competitive teams is zero contact. Kenzie always does her best to play by the rules, but when her team slips into a financial crisis, she has no choice but to turn to Hayden for help. The tension simmers during their secret, late-night rendezvous, but Kenzie has too much to lose to give in to her desires. Especially when she begins to doubt that Hayden has completely left his street life behind...





My rating: 3 of 5 stars
3 Stars



I lurrrrrrrveeee race car reads, they're fast paced fun, sexy and there's just something animistic about it all.. Likewise I love SC Stephens writing so I jumped at the chance to read this.. But it wasn't what I was expecting..

What's it about?
This is basically about two racing teams who are enemies.. Yet the daughter of cox racing Mackenzie is the star, she needs to be the best to gain money to keep her fathers company afloat.

Hayden is her rival but he is arrogant, sexy and makes her heart beat faster, but mainly he makes her race harder. There's a competition that Kenzie just thrives on. She just wants to win and she wants to win him.. Plus actually she is racing better than she's ever racer before.

The thing is there is this chemistry (forbidden chemistry) that they just can't seem to walk away from. And sooo they do this without anyone knowing, feelings get involved and lines get crossed..


The thing about this book is that the main focus is on the racing, the game, Kenzies father, family life and friends. Don't get me wrong I'm big on the family I love those kind of reads. I love banter and I love nights out with friends. But her father is closed off. Kenzie is also closed off to feelings and so I have to say I struggled to connect with characters. I do though liked Kenzie she wasn't that frustrating to me. I also really like Hayden and his dominating character but I didn't quite get to know him. I mean I didn't really know him as a person just as the guy that wanted the girl. This honestly had the potential to be an amazing read with so many layers.. But it didn't quite get there.


Yet there was just something that kept me turning the pages, I needed to keep going and find out how it all ended. So SC Stephens will always be a fav author to me, she gavee me Kellen Kyle I love her writing style there's something addictive about her words. But sadly this one wasn't a fav of mine. 3 stars is still a good read though it just didn't have those special moments I love to enjoy in my romance books.

That. Is. All

ARC generously gifted in exchange for an honest review

No comments