Throwback Thursday: Tight by Alessandra Torre


description
I was happy in my small town. In my life as a single, thirty-two year old woman. I had a good job, wonderful friends, my independence.


I also hadn't got laid in three years. Hadn't been on a date in two. Had stopped counting calories and wearing makeup... a while ago.



Then Brett Jacobs waltzed in. Caressed my thigh, dug rough fingers into my hair, lowered his soft mouth to my skin, took sexual control of my mind and stirred it all around with what he packed in his pants. He flipped my quiet life upside down and crawled into a place in my heart I thought was dead.



The issue is his secret.

The issue is her.

The issue is that I don't even know she exists, and he thinks she's dead.
The issue is that shit is about to hit the fan and I can't hold on to him tight enough.





My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5++++ Fan-fucking-tastic STARS


Like many, from when I first read Still, I wanted Brett and Riley's story that instant but I waited patiently. I don't say this often but it was well worth the wait.

Alessandra Torre had me from the very first page with her note:
"This book is a bit different than my others. It doesn’t follow quite the same formula. It will take you to some edges, but I don’t push you over. Promise.

My mind was on overdrive. Ms. Torre had me on the edge ALL. THE. TIME. but true to her word, I didn't fall although there were moments...


I was mesmerized by the love story, the secrets, insecurities and the timeline as I tried in vain to put all the pieces of the puzzle together.


I had a million theories, if I had one, about what was going on and how it would unravel but Alessandra Torre didn't disappoint and kept throwing me for a loop. Keeping me on that tight rope of guessing and unravelling the story...



while I lost myself deeper into all that was Brett Jacobs and like Riley, tried to ignore the red flags.


This was beautifully written and I absolutely loved how the various definitions of 'tight' were interwoven into the very fabric of this tale and into the souls of Brett and Riley. One meaning that I came across after reading this that I found most poignant was: relatively difficult to obtain . Like 'money was tight right now.'

For me, I had this feeling throughout most of the book about Brett. I felt like Riley, I had Brett but not fully. We rarely saw his home turf, and when we did, it raised more questions than answers. We rarely got his POV and these peeks into his heart and mind only gave me the feeling that while he was in reach, he was still out of grasp. I didn't have a tight hold on him.

I found this brilliant and also frustratingly perfect. It truly captured the whole feel and tone of their romance and this story.


If you want a beautiful and deeply moving love story that will have you playing around with the words, the actions and the light and darkness, you have to read this book! My mind is reeling right now! All that I would expect from Ms. Torre and more. And most important of all, my love and devotion from Brett has grown tenfold!





My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Alessandra Torre is a go to author for me, I will ALWAYS ALWAYS stop anything to dive into her books, and that is exactly what I did here. This story has a different feel to it and it will push your buttons slightly yet still there will be no doubt where your going as a reader, enjoy it cherish it devour it. This has a good amount of intrigue and suspense and a fair amount of sensuality that had me questioning all the different layers of the story at AT gave us. This is going to be SPOILER free as possible so I'm not going to talk greatly about the plot but more about my thoughts and feelings, sorry in advance if it doesn't make 100% sense.




This is a full length novel based on STILL that was part of the BEND Anthology, you can read my review for that here~https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...


It starts off with Brett and Riley bumping into each other when Riley is on a hen weekend and end up on a one night stand where there attraction to each other is instant, Riley hasn't had sex in a long time where she will do anything to be with him for the night and then they part and make their separate ways. But Brett doesn't want to let go of what he wants and goes about getting Riley's attention and does nothing but gently putting himself into Riley's heart where they embark on a sensual relationship.




Brett has a darker past a past that has hurt and pain and a past that at times swallows him up but he can't let go for what he wants and therefore their relationship forms with weekend breaks to exotic locations and they have a very sensual journey when they are together but then there are secrets that are uncovered and questions come as to who are the people and characters in this book? are they who they say they are?, I found myself questioning and wondering at every turn. INQUISITIVE




I will say that I picked up on the plot pretty quickly and worked out what was happening but that didn't stop the questions arising in my head about whereabouts this was coming from, what I will say is above all ALL of Alessandra's stories have a theme of LOVE in them EVERYTHING comes from LOVE, love can be instant and sometimes slightly unbelievable but here I could see where it was all based from.




There is a depth of Intrigue and guess work and definitely Suspense in this story as time goes on what do the characters have to do with it all, it was multi layered where you see two sides of the coin.


The Characters
Brett is a multi billionaire that sells boats and earns a lot of money that gives him the lifestyle that he leads, he's a business man first and foremost. He is also dominate, sensual, gritty, strong and SEXY. He cares for Riley no he LOVES Riley but at times he struggles to let go of the past in those moments I did question where Alessandra was taking me but I had all my questions answered and felt a sense of peace in the end. I suppose the sensuality of Bretts demur made it a different kind of feel in that it flowed at ease and enjoyed the feel I was gaining here.


Riley has guts is all I'm going to say, what I LOVE about Alessandra's heroines is that they are tough, strong and have minds of their own never do you question her appeal to Brett and how strong she is to take a chance on a man she met once on a hen do, but she does and in that she has something unique and very special.


This is a very thought out beautiful book about taking chances, giving LOVE a chance and about FREEDOM and STRENGTH.




A Highly recommended read for all LOVE and Alessandra Torres fans


No comments