Throwback Thursday: When I was yours by Samantha Towle


description“Marry me.”
“What?” I stared back at him, unblinking.
He moved closer, taking my face in his hands. “I love you, Evie. I look into the future, and the only thing I see clearly is you. Marry me.”

What’s an eighteen-year-old girl who was madly in love with her nineteen-year-old boyfriend say?

Of course, I said yes.

Twenty-four hours later, I married Adam Gunner at a Vegas chapel to the sounds of “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi. Not the best omen. I get that now.

Then, exactly one week later, I left him. I walked out, leaving behind my wedding ring, annulment papers, and my heart, and he never knew why.

I haven’t seen him since. Not in ten long years.

Now, he’s here, standing before me. Looking at me with nothing but hurt and hatred in his eyes, he wants answers.

Answers I can’t give.
 





My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5 Beautiful Stars++++++

Wow just wow what a beautiful read!!!



This is the reason why I love to read Romance, why I love to read total! I have been in deep with this book all weekend, I thought about the characters and their love and how much they meant to each other. How they were obviously meant to be. This is a story based on how two people fell for each other, yet it takes ALOT of pain to get to be happy. Their happy. It's the Epic kind of love that I look for and thrive to look for when I want an deep emotional raw and intense love story. This was alllll that.

So what's it about?
This is about Adam and Evie, first of all I just want to explain how this was a real character driven story spanning 10 years previous to present day. Adam was a one night kind of man he hasn't got the best childhood he has money yes, a roof over his head and food to fill his belly but love is something he definitely doesn't have apart from his best buddy Max. Therefore he just sleeps with the girls one night and they're out by the next morning. Adams parents are in the movie industry, his mum especially is in the Oscars and into owning their studio yet Adam doesn't love it actually he detests it. But it's his family business and it's what his father has said he must do. So he is happy for this in some respect as long as he gets a year to enjoy his freedom in Malibu, to surf and to live with Max his best buddie/Brother. Adam lives to surf it's what is soul thrives for and he's good at it. Then he spots the most beautiful girl and he wants her BADLY, he thinks a hook up yet he feels a more and he actually wants to protect, which is a SHOCKING reaction from him.

They go on to have a year of fun and fall for each other. But a secret happens and that leaves them separated for 10 years. (This is not a spoiler and is stated in the blurb, just re-hashing slightly that small amount of info, I won't be going into much more on that and trying my hardest to make this spoiler free so bare with me.) Therefore this story goes back to 10 years prior and how they met, how they laughed and how they started to love. Then to present day where they are now in touch and in pain because they still love each other yet are miles apart by one secret that is crippling them.

This story though is about family, loyalties, LOVE LOVE LOVE. Pain, despair, forgiveness, raw intense kind of Love. It's two people who, however much they've been through need each other to breathe you know, they struggle to see a future without the other, and are finding it hard to let go of the other person.


Adam
If there ever was so much as a swoony heroes then Adam is it. He is a dominant Alpha in one moment and a loyal and lovable man in the next. He loves easily and has a big heart but that puts his heart on the line. In present day he struggles to trust, so only has a select few he's close to. But my God how much I fell for him and his intense charismatic eyes, his intense stares and how much he truly LOVED Evie. I wanted to be Evie, I wanted to wrap myself around Adam LOL He.Is.Mine Dammit too much?. Gah he's going into my ultimate favourite broken heroes list. That's all I'm saying..


Evie
Sometimes heroines have that annoying, whinging (just for Allison and Flo) wink, needy trait that you get annoyed with right? Yet Evie wasn't like that. While reading this just remember she does what she thinks is best. She does everything for ADAM! He is everything to her, just know that and know that her life is about HER FAMILY. About who's important to her, she works in a coffee shop to help with bills, she lives a different kind of life that Adam is from, but opposites attract and the heart wants what the heart wants. Evie was a person that put everyone in front of herself. She walked the path she is given but she's dealt with a lot of pain along the way. But she shone in my book, no other words needed.

And the sex.. Primal, intense but ultimately loving! Those scenes were never too much, and so very sensual.


Samantha is a favourite author of mine but I haven't read a book from her for a while, I kind of forgot why I love her so much but boy am I glad I picked this up as this is such a beautiful beautiful read!

Sorry for the overkill but I fell for these characters hook, line and sinker. If you love the second chance romance trope then this is a must read.

#TopRecomendationfromKaty

Enjoy Xo

P.S this is a STANDALONE and an HEA, but I'm hoping that maybe one day we may get a book for Max as I kind of feel for him too.

ARC generously gifted in exchange for an honest review

No comments