Release Day Blitz + Review: Lucas by Jay Mclean

available-now

Title: Lucas – A Preston Brothers Novel
Author: Jay McLean
Release Day: November 1, 2016

descriptionIn a sprint, every millisecond counts.  
When you’re waiting for love, those milliseconds can feel like eons.  

High school senior Lucas Preston has it all: star of the track team, a scholarship waiting for him, an apartment to himself and a revolving door of girlfriends. He also has an older sister, five younger brothers and a father who relies on him to make sure those brothers don’t kill each other.  
His saving grace? Lois “Laney” Sanders, a girl he started to fall in like with when he was just eleven. 
A girl who became his best friend, his confidant, his courage.  

It took only sixteen clicks and eight seconds for Lucas to realize that his like for Laney had turned into love.   
Eight life-changing seconds.  
It’s also the exact length of time it took to lose her.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5+++++ STUNNING Lois Lane and Clark Kent Stars


I love Jay McLeans storytelling she just pulls you in and grips you from the beginning. Also there is no sugar coating the realness of her books, and this was just that. OMG I was laughing, crying, in pain then happy... a rollercoaster of emotions.

So what's it about?
This is a friends to lovers story, I just love these books and Jay has slow burn down to the T. Lucas is Lucy's younger brother from More than forever book which you don't have to read to read this but I did listen to the audible version before and that gave me some background information. Plus it helped me to connect to the characters I suppose more so, but this can be read as a standalone so it's not essential. Still I would definitely recommend to read that at some point just cause Cam and Lucy ❤️❤️❤️

Ok so back to Lucas he's a track runner with a scholarship ready for his next chapter in his life... yet he has one year to make Lane fall in love with him, cause although they've been best friends since they were 11 or so being in a relationship hasn't happened... yet....


What I loved about this book was the memories, the moments. You get snippets into the past and then living with them through the present. As friends you get to see how they fell, how they have been in each other's lives when growing up and how they wanted to be with each other underneath. I'd class this as a NA more so than YA cause there are some sexy moments that gave me just enough to hold on to, to connect to them on a deeper level but the story was first and foremost and the angst kept me on the edge of my seat. I will also say there are some darker moments in this that may be hard for some although for me had me hanging on for dear life and holding my kindle to my chest because I felt for all that was concerned in those scenarios. A father, a daughter, a friend, a sister, a brother, a lover. I also loved the Preston family as a whole. I'd actually love a story on the Tom Lucas's Dad maybe pre kids LOL cause we can't have it after can we??!! The brothers esp Leo and Logan I'm very fond of. There's definitely something special about this series and I'll be recommending this book to all my book friends who love this genre, who love slow burn, who love real and love epic love cause this book was about about two halves that fit a whole and this was absolutely 100% a top fav of mine..


That. Is. All...

ARC generously gifted via Jay for a honest review






Jay McLean is an international best-selling author andfull-time reader, writer of New Adult Romance, and most of all, procrastinator. When she'snot doing any of those things, she can be found running after her two little boys, playinghouse and binge watching Netflix.
She writes what she loves to read, which are books thatcan make her laugh, make her hurt and make her feel.
Jay lives in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia, in aforever half-done home where music is loud and laughter is louder.

No comments